• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Returning for 2019-2020 - b/c basketball decision, obvi

I would imagine Arthur Blank is handling those negotiations personally with Manning. Franchises don’t often get a chance to bring home their most beloved player.

No matter what happens the school has handled this like a complete clown show

I would imagine Arthur Blank is handling those negotiations personally with Manning. Franchises don’t often get a chance to bring home their most beloved player.

Arthur Blank? Are they trying to get Danny a job at Home Depot?

Last edited:

I think there is very little chance that either Manning or Blank are directly negotiating anything at all. Manning has a lawyer and an agent who are handling his business for him.

Blank hosted Michael Vick at the Super Bowl, so there is precedent.

Yep. They either don't give a fuck or have their heads so far up their own asses that they're clueless to the pulse of the fan base in regards to the basketball program.

Starting to feel sorry for Danny if retained. He's got thicker skin than Bzd for sure, but he's a Dead Man Walking AND I fear the fanbase/alumni over the next year.

donaldross is just stupid enough and rich enough to pony up for some billboard or equivalent that will shame us all. His dog whistle bullshit he doesn't seem to understand or chooses to blissfully ignore. The risk is simply not worth it. Buy the man out and put us all out of our misery.

The folks who made those claims are strangely silent.
I mean it seems pretty clear that the school was letting out a bunch of indications that Danny Manning was gone at the end of this year. Which apparently really meant that they were going to start looking at the buyout options after the season ended.

Last edited:
What does it actually say? I can't access twitter at work.

Its time to develop The Lot Decade website, a living history of Wake basketball since Dino got fired for lack of postseason success. Thos board can pull all of the content.

Launch it with a billboard on 5/1?

This, minus the billboard IMO.

I think highlighting the last decade would be informative for the casual fan and a reminder to all parties involved of the shit storm we are in the midst of.

Launch the website with an aerial banner over the spring game.

The Wellman/Currie transition has been handled like a clown show. A lame duck AD shouldn't be making any decisions. Currie should be publicly in charge. Period. With regard to the Manning issue, however, if there is an $18m buyout that Wake is unwilling to pay, and if Manning is playing hardball, I'm not sure what else Currie (or whoever is in charge) should be doing other than negotiating the buyout behind the scenes. Setting false deadlines doesn't help our leverage.

If money is the issue, just pay the buyout and let Nestor coach next year while Currie works on a replacement. Chill can continue recruiting and Brandon can finish up. As miserable as DM looked this year, I can’t imagine what another year would be like (for him and for us.). Ugh.

If money is the issue, just pay the buyout and let Nestor coach next year while Currie works on a replacement. Chill can continue recruiting and Brandon can finish up. As miserable as DM looked this year, I can’t imagine what another year would be like (for him and for us.). Ugh.

Maybe that will happen, but that can't be option 1. Option 1 has to be getting rid of Manning and replacing him with a permanent head coach. Firing Manning and replacing him with Nestor can happen in May.

Maybe that will happen, but that can't be option 1. Option 1 has to be getting rid of Manning and replacing him with a permanent head coach. Firing Manning and replacing him with Nestor can happen in May.

I agree Nestor would be option B, but I don’t want to get some marginal coach because that’s all we can afford on top of the buyout. Plan B would give Currie a year to find a coach and gather up the purse we’d need to get him. I just don’t wan to hire a third dud.

Back