• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#CurrieOut

You guys are idiots. This is the best possible scenario for Currie. He can wash his hands of the decision and say he had nothing to do with it, have an entire year to figure out the next hire, and then have a bigger war chest to go after somebody next year because the buyout will be that much lower. It's brutal in the short term, but if this makes the difference between tying his hands to a ~1.5M/year offer to somebody this year, vs. a ~2.5M+ offer next year, actually probably much better long term.

Short term pain does not last 10 years. The patient is dead, doc.

I had high hopes for Currie, but why take this job if you don't have the authority to fix the one major problem that is bothering 99% of your alumni/fanbase? It appears the Currie hire was nothing special. Ron is being forced out and in his place, another person who should not be Athletic Director.

Whys the magical buyout so much less next year, seems the buyout is iron clad fuck wake solid. If he’s not in charge he should fire his ass May 1st regardless of consequences. It’s the same shit at wake as it’s always been, don’t rock the boat, have a wake “guy” come in, stay at the job way too long, as every other school and fan base does what needs to be done. Wake is pathetic.

You guys are idiots. This is the best possible scenario for Currie. He can wash his hands of the decision and say he had nothing to do with it, have an entire year to figure out the next hire, and then have a bigger war chest to go after somebody next year because the buyout will be that much lower. It's brutal in the short term, but if this makes the difference between tying his hands to a ~1.5M/year offer to somebody this year, vs. a ~2.5M+ offer next year, actually probably much better long term.

That is the most optimistic way to look at it. Other ways to look at it: The effort to win isn't worth the buyout, The contract is a killer (how to pay Clausen fair market value), we don't care about competing as long as there is no scandal. (on this I'd be tempted to point out 1 graduate is a scandal ---this needs to be hammered ).

Whys the magical buyout so much less next year, seems the buyout is iron clad fuck wake solid. If he’s not in charge he should fire his ass May 1st regardless of consequences. It’s the same shit at wake as it’s always been, don’t rock the boat, have a wake “guy” come in, stay at the job way too long, as every other school and fan base does what needs to be done. Wake is pathetic.
Hopefully that was part of the negotiations this week.

Maybe Currie will still Fire him come May 1st and become the hero we all want him to be.

Maybe Currie will still Fire him come May 1st and become the hero we all want him to be.

I think he has shown himself to be a boot licker and not someone with the balls to pull that off.

it's clear, in my opinion, the leak screwed them up. i bet they were keeping manning all along. the plan was to announce manning is around, the fans that were left get pissed - then they announce wellman is leaving in hopes that it appeases the fan base.
the leak fucked it all up. now the shit show is revealed on a grand scale.

I tried to convince myself that Currie was a good hire when it was announced, but I just kept thinking about the Tennessee fiasco. Now he is straight up involved in another Fiasco. I'm very worried about him. And those stupid ass twitter pics at Texas - good lord, what the fuck was he thinking? Just a horrible, horrible start to his tenure bookended with a beyond horrible end at Tenn.

it's clear, in my opinion, the leak screwed them up. i bet they were keeping manning all along. the plan was to announce manning is around, the fans that were left get pissed - then they announce wellman is leaving in hopes that it appeases the fan base.
the leak fucked it all up. now the shit show is revealed on a grand scale.

True.

I tried to convince myself that Currie was a good hire when it was announced, but I just kept thinking about the Tennessee fiasco. Now he is straight up involved in another Fiasco. I'm very worried about him. And those stupid ass twitter pics at Texas - good lord, what the fuck was he thinking? Just a horrible, horrible start to his tenure bookended with a beyond horrible end at Tenn.

I'd like to have coffee with Fulmer and get his side of the situation. I'm very concerned at this point about the future of Wake Forest athletics.

Currie's only hope is to come out and be transparent in some fashion about what in the every loving fuck is going on. And yes that would include throwing Ron under the bus. Otherwise he is dead to me and most likely he's done "before he even starts".

And I know this won't happen...so he's done.

Back