• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#CurrieOut

I had high hopes for Currie, but why take this job if you don't have the authority to fix the one major problem that is bothering 99% of your alumni/fanbase? It appears the Currie hire was nothing special. Ron is being forced out and in his place, another person who should not be Athletic Director.
Anyone taking the job would be in the same position so are you saying that anyone who took the job would be an idiot for taking the job? Or are you advocating that RW should have stayed another year until Manning could be let go without a huge buyout?

For the folks who ran back to the Deacon Club after Wellman’s announced ouster...what now?

Currie went out at Tennessee in a bad way because he went against Fullmer and the big $ donor there. They then leveraged their power to force him out. If anything, he got screwed there.

But if he signed up for this, he deserves the criticism.

He slurped Ronnie up one side and down the other in his introductory press conference. The writing was on the wall then. He's just Ronnie's little cuckold.

Currie's only hope is to come out and be transparent in some fashion about what in the every loving fuck is going on. And yes that would include throwing Ron under the bus. Otherwise he is dead to me and most likely he's done "before he even starts".

And I know this won't happen...so he's done.

He already said that Ron is his hero so there is no reason to think anything will change.

DR's boy is just like Wellman.

Expect to hear a lot of "Well, if there's one thing Mr. Wellman taught me..."

"As my mentor, Ron Wellman, used to say..."

At least I have UVA and VT hoops to still watch and root for. Hoping Buzz, Alexander-Walker and Jerome stay.

Yup fuck him. He either supported this decision or had no idea what he was walking into. Either way he has an enormous hole to dig himself out of at this point. Clock is ticking.

Or the decision had already been made at that time and he still wanted to be the athletic director at his alma mater. If the decision to retain Manning is based on the buyout, I don’t see how that can be Currie’s fault.

This thread should be taken down. This is on Wellman and Hatch. Not Currie.

Fuck that. When the shit hits the fan everyone gets some shit on them. Especially those dumb enough to stand right next to the fan and help throw the shit into it.

Currie's job is to fix this. This isn't on him if hands are tied.

Or the decision had already been made at that time and he still wanted to be the athletic director at his alma mater. If the decision to retain Manning is based on the buyout, I don’t see how that can be Currie’s fault.

Sure I certainly understand his desire to have the job. And maybe he did completely understand the beyond nuclear meltdown this was sure to cause. Maybe this was even the only job available to him after UT. I don’t know man. But I sure wouldn’t want to be public enemy #2 before I even officially start my job.

Do you also cheer for Auburn and Alabama? UNC and Duke?

No, but I've always lived in VA since college, so I follow the VA schools. Wake hasn't been worth watching the last 9 years, so UVA and VT are the main reason I still watch any college hoops these days. Hate Duke, UNC and Bama and don't mind Auburn.

Fuck Ron Wellman.

Whys the magical buyout so much less next year, seems the buyout is iron clad fuck wake solid. If he’s not in charge he should fire his ass May 1st regardless of consequences. It’s the same shit at wake as it’s always been, don’t rock the boat, have a wake “guy” come in, stay at the job way too long, as every other school and fan base does what needs to be done. Wake is pathetic.

That is exactly what I would do if I were Currie. Fire Manning on May 1st, say we are heading into 2019 with Nestor as interim head coach with the rest of the staff in place. Who cares about one recruiting class. The new coach will be able to find a player or two when he is hired. We have squandered the opportunity to hire a coach and maintain the level of talent which is unfortunate, now the sole focus should be getting away from Manning. I can't believe they weren't able to work out a buyout. 1 graduating recruit in 5 years, 79 combined losses in 4 of those years.

In Manning's 'prove it' years (year 4,5 for almost every coach that has shown SOME positive momentum like Manning did in year 3), Manning has 40 combined losses. He has proven what he is yet we continue to employ him.

Back