• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is Your Alternative College Basketball Program for Remainder of the Manning Era?

Wake Forest or nothing.

I'm not letting three people (Manning, Wellman, Hatch) who had no connection to Wake Forest before becoming employees of the school, run me off. Sorry, it ain't happening.

Michigan.

Go Blue!

Wife and her family are all from right around Ann Arbor. Huge UM fans so I've married into it. It'll never mean as much to me as WFU doing well, but it's enough to keep me occasionally interested. I do admit though, it's weird having seen way more Big 10 games the past 5-7 years than ACC games.

My Son and Money are going to Wofford so that is wh oI am rooting for

No one... I'm pure blood Deac and have no interest in other teams.. Fuck YOU RON WELLMAN!!!!!! Danny Manning is worse than our former coach. I just can't believe we are at this point.

I've been a Deacon fan since arriving as a freshman in 1967 and that won't change. I do wish I could walk on campus and fire the entire chain of command from Manning on up. Walk into their office and start throwing their crap into the hallway with a two word explanation..."You're gone". My bigger fear is that they represent Wake Forest accurately.

App State- fuck
NC State- (grandfather played baseball for the Pack) also, fuck.

Was thinking of starting something similar. Fully endorse moving a back up team to first place.

We need a team we can all agree on and have game and recruiting threads as well. We all get behind the winner of a comprehensive poll.

This would be fun.

For me it’s UVA and, for the tourney, as WakeTheNation said, ABCD.

My dad grew up in Siler City as a Wake Forest fan. He told me that he grew up hating UNC because of this jackass relative who was a big UNC fan. He came to Winston-Salem as a freshman at Wake in 1960. After graduating, he stayed in WS and met my mom. His two brothers also graduated from Wake. My widowed grandmother put her three sons through Wake Forest by working as the office manager at Belk's. Though I did not attend Wake Forest myself, I have Wake Forest in my blood. I remember being 12 years old and scraping up enough money to buy a season ticket for the home games in WS (when we played our ACC games in GSO, you could buy a season ticket for just the games played in Memorial Coliseum). I sat on the very first row, right behind the basket. I will never not be a Wake Forest fan.

But I will not spend another dime on, or place any emotional investment in, Wake Forest basketball until Wake Forest shows that they care as much about it as I used to.

I have been a Wake fan since the days of Chappell and Packer. It's too late to change now. But I am less interested than at any time other than when I was in college out of state. I am neither a Manning nor a Wellman hater; but I am frustrated by losing and by really poor play and by the lack of leadership on the part of our AD.

Since Bennett came to UVA I have become a fan of his style of coaching and of the team game they play.

I'm thinking about grabbing Davidson season tickets. At least I could take my kids to some games. UNCC would be closer, but they suck way more than Wake.

I'm thinking about grabbing Davidson season tickets. At least I could take my kids to some games. UNCC would be closer, but they suck way more than Wake.

Good choice. I always like when they play here. They usually play UVA tough for 30:00. McKillop may not always have the best talent, but his teams are well coached.

Got a niece at Wofford. All in on those guys and going to their games is a lot of fun. Plus they serve brew at their games.

Got a niece at Wofford. All in on those guys and going to their games is a lot of fun. Plus they serve brew at their games.

Being able to buy beer, plus free tickets and parking pass, are the only reasons I went to any Wake games this year.

South Carolina.... another hoops program with its own set of problems... sigh. But they did have that awesome final 4 run two years ago!

Back