• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is Your Alternative College Basketball Program for Remainder of the Manning Era?

Not Buffalo siff? You guys finally have a winner -- missed opportunity!

thats great TigerDeacon- I never knew that story. Another Wellman basketball fuckup.

I grew up in the north suburbs of Chicago, and got my MBA from Northwestern.

My wife went to Indiana, and I almost went there for both undergrad and my masters, so I’ve always had a soft spot for the Hoosiers, as well.

Odd to have two teams in the same conference, but Northwestern generally isn’t the most competitive.

Really enjoy uva. Their style of play. Tony Bennett. Hope they can get the post season monkey off their back this year.

My wife went to Uvm. She was there for their 2005 tournament "run" beating the Cuse. They've made the tourney six more times since - all in a one bid league. Enjoy watching them play.

None- pretty much killed my interest in college basketball- even watching the games yesterday I was completely disinterested.

Same here. And when you watch college basketball objectively you realize what a garbage product it is compared to 20+ years ago.

Same here. And when you watch college basketball objectively you realize what a garbage product it is compared to 20+ years ago.

Agree the product is diminished, and I don't enjoy it like I used to (though much of that blame lands on Ron Wellman). And AAU probably doesn't help. But I won't criticize kids who leave early to go earn great money.

And I will also add that the diminished product is why Tony Bennett and Chris Mack and a few others achieve so much success vis-a-vis their talent level by playing the packline man in today's NCAA game. What can shred the packline are good passing bigs, stretch 4s and great outside shooting. But how many teams have any combination of those 3 things? A good passing big who can shoot the 3 ain't playing in college for > 1 year.

Really enjoy uva. Their style of play. Tony Bennett. Hope they can get the post season monkey off their back this year.

My wife went to Uvm. She was there for their 2005 tournament "run" beating the Cuse. They've made the tourney six more times since - all in a one bid league. Enjoy watching them play.

Davidson, Wofford, the various UNC-dashes, anybody but Dook.

I root where my money went...Kentucky and Kansas.

Back