• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is Your Alternative College Basketball Program for Remainder of the Manning Era?

Brangus

Reaction score
I will never be able to turn a Wake BB game on or attend in person with Manning at the helm. So in the meantime, for me:

bNZeWT1U_400x400.jpg

I think I'm going for 3

University of Dayton (old hometown, grew up going to their games)
UVA (I like Tony Bennett)

and whoever is playing the Wake Forest Manningquins

Last edited:
Louisville. At least I can see Dino and Mack. Also having Bill Murry's son on the staff is a plus..... who am I kidding, probably the Hoos

None. The day Manning was hired, I moved on to other sports. Even the NCAA tournament has lost it's appeal for me. Sad and I do miss being excited about ACCT and NCAAT but without Wake Hoops it's irrelevant for me. My 'sports dream' was always a WFU final four. Guess that's never happening in my lifetime though, so I've given up and moved on.

It had been Arizona, but that doesn't seem to be going all that well these days, either.

Buckeyes. Family ties and Holtmann is a damn good coach, who is about to get some very good recruits.

Come on over to my Temple Owls. Honestly, I was 7 years old when I became a Deacs fan and it coincided with when I got into basketball. I was diehard from then until the [Redacted] era. From 04-08 I attended Temple and became interested in their sports programs while I was there. I still cared desperately about the Deacs, but the last 8 years or so has sucked the life out of me. Living in the northeast I am able to get to temple games and my 4 year old has a blast. I hope the Deacons turn it around soon but it’s too late for me at this point. I no longer, am emotionally invested. I use to call off work for the acc tourney game and subsequent early exit but I didn’t even watch the last 2 conference tourney games. It is sad because aside from the 49ers, the Deacs were the last link to anything I cared about when I was a kid.

Buckeyes are my 2b. I may need to fully get behind them now, too. Blah. I actually don't really are all that much any more and am more and more feeling like Stormfury.

After the deacs, there is nothing. No basketball, which Wake has apparently taken to heart under the last two coaches.

Belmont...great coach and always fun to watch a well coached team. Beat Temple and was one turn over away from defeating Maryland. A well coached team can do well even with 1 and 2 star players. Much more enjoyable then Wake basketball since Dino. A lack of good basketball coaching is SO frustrating.

None- pretty much killed my interest in college basketball- even watching the games yesterday I was completely disinterested.

Back