• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman’s “Retirement”

mothersodear

Reaction score
So, NOTHING played out as anticipated after Wellman’s retirement was leaked. Most here assumed his hand was forced and he was pushed out the door because he stunk the place up so badly. We thought Currie was brought in to make the great hire. Wrong, wrong, wrong. No coaching change. Currie wasn’t hired to find the next coach. No transparency or responsibility - no one spoke the truth today.

Now I’m thinking Wellman voluntarily decided to ride off into the sunset with his hefty retirement package and he was allowed to hand-select his protege to take over. He delivered one more pile of BS to the fanbase, sporting his signature arrogant grin.

I know Currie didn’t create this, but I’ve got a bad feeling. (Oh, and thanks for the sweet tweet from UT last week!)

definitely worth a new thread. I'd have hated to have missed this insight if it was buried in one of the other 20 or so on this page.

definitely worth a new thread. I'd have hated to have missed this insight if it was buried in one of the other 20 or so on this page.

apparently Diggler is the official new thread Nazi. Thanks Diggler. Maybe let some of us vent frustration since it is a message board and all.

i stated in another thread, the leaked screwed up their plans. manning was being kept all along. fans get pissed but then wellman "retires" and the fans remaining were appeased.
the leak pulled the curtain back on the shit show. now they are all complicit fucks

you can't put a moratorium on thread starting until BudatWake shows up to share his thoughts on Daniel and the Miracle Retention

images

If the plan all along was for Wellman to keep Manning and for Wellman to continue to operate as AD until May 1, they should have done a press release announcing Currie was secured and waiting in the wings but wasn't going to be around until May 1. It would have helped Currie out tremendously. Now he looks wrapped up in it all, but if he wasn't even around until May 1, he would come in untainted. And there would also be hope that he would come in May 2nd and undo Wellman's disaster.

Just a total screwup on literally every single level.

If the plan all along was for Wellman to keep Manning and for Wellman to continue to operate as AD until May 1, they should have done a press release announcing Currie was secured and waiting in the wings but wasn't going to be around until May 1. It would have helped Currie out tremendously. Now he looks wrapped up in it all, but if he wasn't even around until May 1, he would come in untainted. And there would also be hope that he would come in May 2nd and undo Wellman's disaster.

Just a total screwup on literally every single level.

that's why i think the leak screwed everything up. remember, the news of wellman was dropped at midnight on a saturday by goodman. they weren't going to say shit about it until april probably.

Does Diggler’s wife know he was just talking to a woman on a message board one on one?

Well, the most maddening thing for me is that Wellman likely chose to retire instead of the administration finally holding him accountable for the dumpster fire he created. They probably don’t even recognize the total
screwup.

Back