• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FOOTBALL SCHOOL..

This is Wake Forest today..

One last note on McCollum.. is he really at 248 pounds!?

Wake roster has him at 220. He sounds like a candidate for the four game redshirt program.

A few days ago Clawson reported McCollum had gained 38 lbs since joining the program https://247sports.com/college/wake-...lum-Donavon-Greene-coaches-clinic--130406642/

If he came in at 188 per the linked article, 32 lbs gained would put him at the 220 listed on the roster as of today. Another 28 lbs of gain would get him to the reported 248. That would be 60 lbs gained since he hit campus. 38 lbs is a lot to gain. 60 is almost unreal in a short amount of time, almost a pound a day, if it is to be good weight - muscle - and not mostly fat.

Article says he was 188 when they started recruiting him. That was probably junior year of HS. Little chance he was 188 entering Wake. I'd bet he was low 200s and is now ~230-240.

Article says he was 188 when they started recruiting him. That was probably junior year of HS. Little chance he was 188 entering Wake. I'd bet he was low 200s and is now ~230-240.

Sounds like a question for Les to investigate

Either way, that was a very encouraging report on him. Clawson doesn’t blow smoke.

I'm rarely impressed by the high school highlight tapes. McCollum's had me excited. Now Clawson sounds excited about his growth and improvement. McCollum might become the defensive equivalent of Greg Dortch.

I think you are right.. more like 238 at present

Fair to say that Jacorey Johns has really developed as well. Clawson has been tooting his horn throughout the Spring. Both he and McCollum are all of 6’4 - maybe a tad taller with Johns checking in at 6’4-240 after having arrived at 218. Both guys are known for athleticism; quickness and speed. Johns played on the same squad as Clemson’s Lawrence.. he was the 4A Georgia Defensive Player of the Year and Regional MVP. Winner. As with McCollum, the question as a prospect was his weight. But he is evolving right alongside Shamar. Lots to be excited about — just focusing on the young guys for the first phase.

Good to hear Jasir Taylor is making a big step. Having a good 3rd CB this year will be huge. Then his senior year, he could replace one CB spot after losing Henderson and Bassey.

The Deacs have done a good job poaching smaller programs’ top kids. Fair to day Ja’Sir was a must get and shoo in for the then 22nd ranked Temple Owls. He was one of their top 5 targets..same with snagging Courtney McKinney who was slated to be a workhorse for Appalachian State.

All aspects of recruiting are humming right now and with 3 straight bowl wins and state of the art facilities..it’s an exciting time for this Football Program and I hope the Deacon Base will continue to recognize the unique situation David Clawson and Co. have made here.

Good to hear Jasir Taylor is making a big step. Having a good 3rd CB this year will be huge. Then his senior year, he could replace one CB spot after losing Henderson and Bassey.

This is good, although I'm going to have trouble trusting him until he proves it against legit competition. He got torched a lot last year.

This is good, although I'm going to have trouble trusting him until he proves it against legit competition. He got torched a lot last year.

It was really bad last year. Kid seems to play the flats and the screens pretty well, but if he has to cover down field then it's 6 points. It's almost like he is a linebacker in a corner body. I sure hope he has improved.

Earlier in the season..some of it scheme related. He surely came up big against NCSU.

Back