• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FOOTBALL SCHOOL..

Lectro

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
..do you remember when your Oracle told you?

You’d have been wise to heed the “Eye” ..

Why you persist and will not learn is breathtaking, yet still unsurprising.

This is the David Clawson Era. Think of the blind rail-man from “Oh Brother”.. ‘I tell you that you will see strange things’ .. Deacons winning ACC Championships and playing in Bowl Games only a wild-eyed Saint could predict.

Everything you know now..be prepared to see it come to a complete reversal.. that which was thought ‘impossible’ will come to seem ‘likely’. The old dream which seemed a “sure thing” will never reach fruition. I am sorry.

It has been seen. It was seen..and ‘It’ was told. It remains a VISION and that VISION is MINE yet the
fruits of it are intended for YOU.

Get your hoops griping out..now! You are on the cusp of the greatest Wake Forest Demon Deacon Football Season of All-Time! — Embrace this FACT.

So Gird yourself up and make ready the Gridiron!

Oracle Lives!!

I have to admit that this thread actually made me smile. I'm not always the biggest fan of Lectro's self-aggrandizement, but this thread couldn't come at a better time.

at least the folks on the football side care about winning unlike those puddin' pants snoozefest wannabes responsible for the shooty hoops

Hahaha. Goddamn if lec isn't gonna lec. Thanks for the smile, you fucking psychopath. We needed this today.

Yes..it may be seen as a bandage today..Football as a temporary salve until you regain your “mo” from Skip’s tenure.

But it isn’t in the cards. Wake Forest is at the cross-roads..innumerable voices say “no way..no chance a small private school can compete in football. I perused your new facilities and I say you are mistaken. Look, the Petitbon commitment is exhibit A. Here a legendary NFL fam gets behind one of its own to attend WF and chase the NFL dream at Wake Forest. This is much larger than you can imagine and actually bears some mythical football markings — the first son, Ritchie, wound up part of the greatest dynasty in college history at Alabama. Ritchie was the #62 overall player and #5 G in the US. A knee in 2016 derailed the most vital part of his career with the Crimson Tide.

Now, it falls to the younger..and as if RE-scripted to correct the ‘Steely Dan Record’ as it were.. the confidence Luke and his family have in choosing ‘Deacon Blue’ will reverberate. The families out there are in tune with football, it’s history and legacy. It means a lot to the families of recruits to see where this “NFL Family” is behind their son’s decision for Wake Forest.

It is a terrific shot in the arm for David Clawson and his staff — Nic T in this instance. It is an enormous symbolic “get” that will resonate with this 2020 recruiting campaign. This cannot be over stated. Not only is Luke a top 500 national prospect and top 30 OG-C prospect but he is a bell-cow type of recruit.

I cannot begin to tell you the “night and day” difference between the prospects today and even those of Grobe’s best years.

Yes, many are still young..but never, ever, never have the Deacons had the type and number of pure football athletes as WE do today. I use “WE” liberally, I understand. But I am on your side and politics or anything else be damned!

I am so dam excited to see next years incarnation that it is hard for me not to grab the guy the guy on the street and exclaim “have you had a chance to see this guy, Dave Clawson, and what he is accomplishing at WF?”

* God Bless Wake Forest and it’s alumni..May they please, Lord, see the jewel in their presence and never find the day when “we realize too late” the blessing that has fallen right here in our laps.

Those who know my posting realize my loyalty to Jim Grobe (tied Peahead as the winningest WF Football Coach) and also remember my talking of the “EVOLUTION” of Wake Football. David Clawson stands on the shoulders of Jim Caldwell and JG.. he is the natural progression from our ‘Tough Guy’ instilling mentality to the All Time Winningest Coach in program history to this guy..a guy from the legendary “Cradle of Coaches” (Paul Brown,Parseghian, Schembechler, Hayes, Meyer)..a guy who did at Bowling Green what Urban Meyer could not..Win the MAC Championship and essentially run Dave Doerren to NCSU from NIU. He will do the same here — Dave Doerren is being hunted and he and Cutcliffe will be the first scalps taken in Clawson’s reign.

Mark this well. It has been seen.

One of the guys in my Saturday morning golf group is an avid Tennessee fan. He wears lots of orange.
Right before we teed off today i said 'Isnt it ironic........Tennessee is now a basketball school and Wake Forest is now a football school'. He smiled and agreed.

Honestly we should probably split this board into a football sports board and a basketball sports board.

They're going to be polar opposites for at least a year - kudos to those that will hang in there and post incessant vitriol at the basketball program, God's work you're doing... But it's going to be awful. Why not just cordon it off, like tying off an amputated arm...

Best season in wfu history huh? That means we win the acc championship and win our major bowl game. I hope you are right , but until then I’ll just assume you are talking out of your ass like usual .

— Let’s take a quick pic-peek at this “Football Evolution”

*With the new training facilities as a backdrop for everything we talk about going forward.. whether that is in terms of motivating a guy to show up earlier and more often; the development of prospects; successful rehabilitations; Recruiting Tool, et al. So going forward we will continue to reflect back upon the new facilities. So then, with a prominent DE alum on the facade what better way to get the party started than with a brand new batch of WF athletes..the first Class, and headed up by a fast rising Defensive End..

This first example may not be fair, but I am using him anyway :) — Shamar McCollum gives every indication of being a 5 Star person. All indications are Wake has another ‘ambassador’ in the making and to these eyes a rising 5 Star Player on the collegiate gridiron. He simply fills the stat box. Even though the Shrine Bowl has vanilla scheming, you could see McCollum’s feel for the game. His burst has been noted since he became a camp sensation with the only knock being his size - weight.

Now this ‘early riser’ is off to an auspicious start..running with the 1st Team (Walker out w/minor ding) McCollum has caught the eye of Clawson and in doing so the Coach revealed a startling development, as it were:

On Shamar McCollum being out there with the first team defense
Clawson: “Yes he was. Shamar McCollum was running with the first team defense. First of all, he’s gained 38 pounds since he got here. It was like 20 in the middle of February. He’s up I believe it’s 38 pounds. Just look at him. We started recruiting him and he was 188 pounds. That’s Wake Forest recruiting. Usually the development doesn’t happen that fast. He has just embraced everything we do. Manny (Walker) is down, and it’s giving him an opportunity to get reps and he’s taking advantage of it. I’m also going to say that Ja’Corey Johns is having a great camp too. Those two guys are really doing well.”

See what those new facilities did there ;)

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, those facilities and everything else tainted with the Stench of Wellman deserve a wrecking ball.

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, those facilities and everything else tainted with the Stench of Wellman deserve a wrecking ball.

Sure, that make sense. The basketball program is struggling, so let’s tear down football!

Lectro, keep it up. It’s good to have some discussion about the football team/players.

Football school with a half-empty 29,000-seat stadium.

Sure, that make sense. The basketball program is struggling, so let’s tear down football!

Lectro, keep it up. It’s good to have some discussion about the football team/players.

It isn't struggling, it has been and continues to be intentionally sabotaged by a narcissistic lunatic. I'm sure Hitler did some decent things once in a while, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have laid waste to his entire empire.

It isn't struggling, it has been and continues to be intentionally sabotaged by a narcissistic lunatic. I'm sure Hitler did some decent things once in a while, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have laid waste to his entire empire.

You know it’s going to be a rational sports discussion when you bring in Hitler...

Football school with a half-empty 29,000-seat stadium.

Exactly. When your absolute ceiling as a football program is nine win season, you better hope your basketball program is good enough to sustain long term fan interest.

That being said, now that Wellman will gone, I will be attending a few football and soccer games next season, I can enjoy them without thinking about Manning. But I'm one of the few hundred non-alumni who still have any interest in Wake athletics. Basketball and Wellman have significantly shrunk the fan base. Because its not like most of the newer alumni stick around.

Back