• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan: Insanity Prevails

It has been said other places, but Col. J. Angus Currie was going to take this job even if they told him he had to keep Manning for all six years. He was damaged goods after Tennessee and there was no Power 5 job for him. A chance to come back to Wake and remake his name could not be passed on. This is Wellman's mess, and maybe they thought they could swing the buyout or strong arm Manning into taking less, but it didn't happen and now Currie owns it. After this is done at least he won't be known as the AD with the crazy text messages that got out maneuvered by Phil Fullmer.

This. I don't care what Disco Dan has to say about our program. He was part of apparatus that assured us everything would be okay. He legitimized this mess until it was impossible to do so, but the damage was already done. Hindsight is 20/20, but Dan Collins needed a better prescription while he was still employed by the WSJ.

Enjoy retirement, Dan. Don't waste your time anymore with Wake Forest basketball.

Bullshit. Don’t read it. I will.

Right, but did you want him to not take the job? The same stipulation would be for any AD. So you wanted Wellman to stay?

I understand him taking the job under that condition without the requisite autonomy an AD should have since he was just working as a consultant at the time. Doesn't mean I have to respect it.

Ideally we would have had a real search for a replacement AD instead of the horseshit process we got, but it's asking too much from this athletic department and institution

OK guys, we got 3 guesses here: Sutton, Mitt or Miller......can we narrow it down a bit please!.....:eek:

At least he understands that this is a Wellman issue and not a Currie issue. So sick of seeing fools berate a guy before he is even on the payroll.

Dan specifically said that Currie is going to feel the heat for this. As he should. He knew what he was signing up for.

Bless you Dan. Insanity indeed...

But most of all I hate it for you folks reading this, who apparently are the only people on the planet who still care a whit for basketball as played at Wake.

Well, I guess we know where Sutton stands re: retaining Manning.

That kind of arrogance is the biggest problem with Wake and his AD. With folks like this pulling the strings it's no wonder we're in the shit we're in.

Anyone know his email? Would love to send him a note

I assume he's talking about his business success

Not everyone has the ability to single handily ruin a sport it takes two, in this case looks like Wellman with a Sutton assist.

Back