• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan: Insanity Prevails

He definitely looks like a guy that will go into hiding in New Zealand when the poor rise up.

Looks like a douche, tweets like a douche....................

Shitcan a coach 30 games over .500 but retain a coach 30 games under .500??!

Hey Ronnie, you play to win the game! :fu:

I think the good rich people (Shah?) should hire gladiators to fight Sutton's and the other bad rich people's gladiators to settle this

This. I don't care what Disco Dan has to say about our program. He was part of apparatus that assured us everything would be okay. He legitimized this mess until it was impossible to do so, but the damage was already done. Hindsight is 20/20, but Dan Collins needed a better prescription while he was still employed by the WSJ.

Enjoy retirement, Dan. Don't waste your time anymore with Wake Forest basketball.

I realize we are all pissed off but blaming a beat reporter for the lost decade is asinine. There was plenty of veiled criticism during the [Redacted] and early Manning eras. It's a fine line that has to be walked between access and banishment. To say that he legitimized anything is nutty.

Keep preaching Dan! This column was spot on.

There was plenty of veiled criticism during the [Redacted] and early Manning eras.

It took him until after the 2013 season to criticize [Redacted]. Link: https://www.bloggersodear.com/2013/3/15/4109810/dan-collins-provides-insightful-take-on-wake, "With this article Collins has effectively departed from the path taken over the first two seasons where he wrote, and believed, [Redacted] needed more time at the helm of Wake Forest."

I agree he was more willing to criticize Danny early on, maybe once he went down that road with Bz he was willing to do so again. But that was well into both his tenure and Ron's

What evidence is there Shah is anything but pro-Manning? Apologies if I've missed something today that suggests otherwise

Social media has many benefits, but a few cons as well. Alas the cretins (aka self-proclaimed experts) crawling out from under a rock (more likely, their Mom’s basement) to do what little they can to question other’s decisions or besmirch the glory earned by another.#CrawlBackIn

— Ben C. Sutton, Jr. (@BenSuttonISP) March 22, 2019

EAT HIM

It's such a dumb fucking tweet from Sutton, especially given this Dan article. Maybe he wasn't aware of it and deleted it as a result, but the fact that Dan says one alum with a building is heavily behind this plus this tweet opens himself up to so much criticism.

Might be worth retracting my Dan criticism. That tidbit plus this tweet is very informative

I think the good rich people (Shah?) should hire gladiators to fight Sutton's and the other bad rich people's gladiators to settle this

Mit is complicit

We just give him too much credit for getting rid of Karl Hess.

It's such a dumb fucking tweet from Sutton, especially given this Dan article. Maybe he wasn't aware of it and deleted it as a result, but the fact that Dan says one alum with a building is heavily behind this plus this tweet opens himself up to so much criticism.

Might be worth retracting my Dan criticism. That tidbit plus this tweet is very informative

It's ridiculous. What glory is being besmirched? Wake Forest basketball is an absolute disaster due to the decisions of these folks. What twats.

Damn

So is donaldross the only good rich person willing to hire gladiators?

Such a stupid idea.

Rich people have the means to build super suits. Why wouldn’t they do that?

The irony here is that I doubt anyone posts from their mom's basement anymore.(RIP BSF).

95%+ of folks who post here are Wake grads and the rest of us public school filth are successful in our own right.

All Sutton did there was push the common fan further away from Wake athletics. What an elitist dick head tweet. I had no reason to think he was a jackass until that move. Way to stick it to your most die hard fans.

Such a stupid idea.

Rich people have the means to build super suits. Why wouldn’t they do that?

maybe i've misread DR, he always struck me as a Lady Gregory type instead of Tony Stark. But perhaps that's wrong!

maybe i've misread DR, he always struck me as a Lady Gregory type instead of Tony Stark. But perhaps that's wrong!

Yeah, DR is good people. I take back anything shitty I've ever said about that fella. DR would definitely be soldier for #TeamShah

Back