• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan: Insanity Prevails

I realize we are all pissed off but blaming a beat reporter for the lost decade is asinine. There was plenty of veiled criticism during the [Redacted] and early Manning eras. It's a fine line that has to be walked between access and banishment. To say that he legitimized anything is nutty.

Keep preaching Dan! This column was spot on.

Disagree - Dan wasn't there when we really needed him to be. He enables the Bzzz era to continue.

The irony here is that I doubt anyone posts from their mom's basement anymore.(RIP BSF).

95%+ of folks who post here are Wake grads and the rest of us public school filth are successful in our own right.

All Sutton did there was push the common fan further away from Wake athletics. What an elitist dick head tweet. I had no reason to think he was a jackass until that move. Way to stick it to your most die hard fans.

I truly believe there are some in the "inner circle" who would be more than content with us playing in Reynolds Gym and serve only fine wine and cheese. I honestly do. Us common folk are really just a noisy pain in the ass for this bunch. Look no further than this dickhead's tweet and the "tantrum" comment made by Wellman.

I've never seen an athletic department move at almost light-speed to alienate itself from the local community as this one. It's truly remarkable. They really don't fucking care if you show up for a game or not. They really don't.

Smug. Arrogant. Aloof.

Sutton must have come up with the “culture” narrative. Trouble is, the majority of the Wake fanbase falls beneath his cultural standards.

I truly believe there are some in the "inner circle" who would be more than content with us playing in Reynolds Gym and serve only fine wine and cheese. I honestly do. Us common folk are really just a noisy pain in the ass for this bunch. Look no further than this dickhead's tweet and the "tantrum" comment made by Wellman.

Oh, dude, I completely agree with you. It has gotten completely out of control over the last few years. The blue hairs have run our once proud program into the ground. To make matters worse, they're smiling and rubbing it in the common fans face. Joke will be on them when the Joel is even emptier in 2019-2020

Sadly, Clawson will be the fall out cause there won’t be any money to build his program.

I've never seen an athletic department move at almost light-speed to alienate itself from the local community as this one. It's truly remarkable. They really don't fucking care if you show up for a game or not. They really don't.

Which means they have totally lost what the whole purpose of an athletic department is. It should be a tool for building the Wake Forest brand and increasing engagement with it. Not just a reason to put rich guys names on a variety of buildings.

It looks like Sutton is the primary driver behind the big expansion. Pretty amazing. Based on the tweet, I imagine he's the one that made the decision. Not sure why though given everything else I've just read about him.

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2017/09/04/Colleges/Wake-Forest.aspx

I think it's more likely that Sutton was part of the decision-making that led to Ron's retirement rather than Manning's return.

Bingo. Which was hard for him, as Wellman helped Ben start his business. Ben wants Wake to win, that is why he initiated the upgrade to our facilities. He is putting lipstick on our pig.

Here's a shot of the Miller Center on the campus of WFU

miller-300x158.jpg

How about Mit Shah duh

Are you saying that retaining Manning is on Currie?

My answer to that is he went along with it to get/keep his new job. So answer is yes - guilty by association. NO WAY he was going to challenge his mentor and as just learned, NO WAY was he going to buck Sutton.

The honeymoon is over for Currie !

Bingo. Which was hard for him, as Wellman helped Ben start his business. Ben wants Wake to win, that is why he initiated the upgrade to our facilities. He is putting lipstick on our pig.

No that was actually Athletic Director Gene Hooks. The business called International Sports Properties was started before Mr. Wellman set foot on our campus.

Shah hasn’t tweeted or liked anything about the Manning decision today, but he has liked posts from Shah Noble Investment today.

Back