• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan: Insanity Prevails

Social media has many benefits, but a few cons as well. Alas the cretins (aka self-proclaimed experts) crawling out from under a rock (more likely, their Mom’s basement) to do what little they can to question other’s decisions or besmirch the glory earned by another.#CrawlBackIn

— Ben C. Sutton, Jr. (@BenSuttonISP) March 22, 2019
Sutton has done pretty damn well since finishing last in his law school class and flunking the bar 4 times (finally gave up). Gotta give him credit. It’s pretty amazing to those of us who knew him at WFU. He probably would have been the last person voted most likely to become a billionaire, live at a mansion in Pebble Beach, and have his name on two of the WF athletic buildings. But he has done it, has donated tons of money to WFU and loves the school. Moreover, from what I have been told, he helped force Wellman out.

Is Currie a Sutton plant then?

If true, we're totes fucked

Is Sutton the hero who ousted Wellman or is he the villain responsible for Manning's return?

Keep reading to find out!

Brews, wanna elaborate on your (positive) rep comment?

Is Sutton the hero who ousted Wellman or is he the villain responsible for Manning's return?

Keep reading to find out!
Outed Wellman. Idk about keeping Manning. I doubt Sutton wanted to keep him. He wants to win.

Brews, wanna elaborate on your (positive) rep comment?

If he liked that tweet, I don't think he likes Ron.

People usually like tweets that they agree with or think are relevant. Why would he take that as a form of criticism if he liked it?

Yeah, fair. It adds credence to what 22 is saying, which was new to me, at least.

It's hard for me to believe that someone would be both pro-Ron leaving and pro-Manning staying, but Sutton seems to have pulled it off. It does make me concerned Currie is gonna be a Sutton yes man

If he liked that tweet, I don't think he likes Ron.

People usually like tweets that they agree with or think are relevant. Why would he take that as a form of criticism if he liked it?

He does not. He’s the force behind Ron being out. He’s not team Manning either. That tweet, albeit tone deaf, was not in reference to Wake Forest fans.

How is that fucking possible? He can't be that tone deaf to think it wouldn't be interpreted as such, on today of all days.

And if it wasn't about Manning -- and he hadn't incurred a single negative comment on Twitter about it -- then why delete it?

How is that fucking possible? He can't be that tone deaf to think it wouldn't be interpreted as such, on today of all days.

And if it wasn't about Manning -- and he hadn't incurred a single negative comment on Twitter about it -- then why delete it?

It wasn’t. I know we all want a villain here. It ain’t Ben Sutton. If you think he’s happy today, you couldn’t be more wrong.

So he deleted it because he realized people might think it was about Manning?

Either way he's revealed himself to be arrogant and an idiot to not realize that such an obvious connection would be drawn

Either way he's revealed himself to be arrogant and an idiot to not realize that such an obvious connection would be drawn

Yes. He realized his error and corrected it. He’s 60 years old on social media. Give him a break. Correcting something shows the opposite of arrogance. It was tone deaf, sure.

I can promise you he’s on our side. Rest easy knowing that.

Yeah, fair. It adds credence to what 22 is saying, which was new to me, at least.

It's hard for me to believe that someone would be both pro-Ron leaving and pro-Manning staying, but Sutton seems to have pulled it off. It does make me concerned Currie is gonna be a Sutton yes man

Based on what KVegas said, I think Ronnie did this all on his own. It was the last spiteful thing he could do and he did it.

All the megaboosters tweeted nice things about Ron and congratulated him on a great career, but they still forced him out, didn't they? Everything about the hastily put together rollout seemed like a coup to me. Also, Mike Buddie would've been Ron's handpicked successor, so we also know his input was invalid there.

He has revealed himself to love Wake Forest and follow his heart with his dollars. He gets others to give their money as well. He is quite the villain.

You don't tweet what he tweeted unless you're hugely arrogant. It helps that he deleted it, but not much

Based on what KVegas said, I think Ronnie did this all on his own. It was the last spiteful thing he could do and he did it.

If it's all Wellman -- and I find it hard to believe he'd be that spiteful -- then Dan's wrong here:

And because of that Wellman and the powers that be (and I’m talking here about Nathan Hatch and the board of trustees and one particular well-heeled alum who has his name on the brand-spanking new building) have resigned anyone and everyone who ever cared about Wake basketball to at least one more season of hopeless misery and rank despair.

If it's all Wellman -- and I find it hard to believe he'd be that spiteful -- then Dan's wrong here:

And because of that Wellman and the powers that be (and I’m talking here about Nathan Hatch and the board of trustees and one particular well-heeled alum who has his name on the brand-spanking new building) have resigned anyone and everyone who ever cared about Wake basketball to at least one more season of hopeless misery and rank despair.

Let me put it this way: If we have an equally garbage season next year and Manning is not fired, then I will start to believe that this decision was not just Wellman's.

Let me put it this way: If we have an equally garbage season next year and Manning is not fired, then I will start to believe that this decision was not just Wellman's.

I’m starting to come around to the realization that Hatch is the real black hat in this shitshow. He either a) let Wellman make this decision unilaterally or b) he was complicit. Either is a terrible look, as is the unconscionable extension/buyout that he must have green-lit to some degree. I miss Hearn - dude cared about Wake and understood the university to be what it is - not trying to make it Norte Dame light.

Back