• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan: Insanity Prevails

This. I don't care what Disco Dan has to say about our program. He was part of apparatus that assured us everything would be okay. He legitimized this mess until it was impossible to do so, but the damage was already done. Hindsight is 20/20, but Dan Collins needed a better prescription while he was still employed by the WSJ.

Enjoy retirement, Dan. Don't waste your time anymore with Wake Forest basketball.

This. Dude PM’d me back on the Scout boards to bash me for criticizing Wellman.

He does not. He’s the force behind Ron being out. He’s not team Manning either. That tweet, albeit tone deaf, was not in reference to Wake Forest fans.

I was told that Sutton wanted them both gone. I don’t have info on what went on behind the scenes this week or who approved of Manning’s contract besides Hatch.

Maybe we should consider that the board of trustees was only willing to pay a certain amount to make Manning go away. Or there were other reasons that the deal did not get done.

Clearly from all accounts we tried to get rid of Manning. Don’t confuse the public comments with the facts.

P.S. This is exactly what I was talking about. If Wellman acted unilaterally, I expect we’ll get some leaks of donors and other university folk disavowing the decision.

i just don't think a megabooster who liked this tweet TODAY

Maybe we should consider that the board of trustees was only willing to pay a certain amount to make Manning go away. Or there were other reasons that the deal did not get done.

Clearly from all accounts we tried to get rid of Manning. Don’t confuse the public comments with the facts.

Which, if true (and I have no reason to believe it isn't) makes Manning look like an even bigger asshole. Who sticks around at a job where you are clearly hated? It reminds me of George Costanza when he pretended to be handicapped to get special treatment at his new job at Play Now. When they find out George isn't handicapped, he is fired. However he keeps returning to work because of his contract which forces them to pay him if he shows up.

Our basketball coach is a 6'10 George Costanza.

Which, if true (and I have no reason to believe it isn't) makes Manning look like an even bigger asshole. Who sticks around at a job where you are clearly hated? It reminds me of George Costanza when he pretended to be handicapped to get special treatment at his new job at Play Now. When they find out George isn't handicapped, he is fired. However he keeps returning to work because of his contract which forces them to pay him if he shows up.

Our basketball coach is a 6'10 George Costanza.

Well played. I believe this to be true, but I can’t verify.

P.S. This is exactly what I was talking about. If Wellman acted unilaterally, I expect we’ll get some leaks of donors and other university folk disavowing the decision.

my social media presence will convert to a john currie stan account if he makes Dos de Mayo the best day in the last 10 years of Wake hoops

my social media presence will convert to a john currie stan account if he makes Dos de Mayo the best day in the last 10 years of Wake hoops

It would be one of the greatest things of time, but would make Ronald look terrible so I don’t think Mother So Dear will allow it.

The only thing that stops a bad guy with money is a good guy with money

I have a source who is a client and connected intimately with WFU. He texted me this afternoon and said ‘Currie starts 5/1. Don’t worry.’

Is there any chance at all that Currie could come in and override this decision and fire Manning after he becomes AD??

I have a source who is a client and connected intimately with WFU. He texted me this afternoon and said ‘Currie starts 5/1. Don’t worry.’

Is there any chance at all that Currie could come in and override this decision and fire Manning after he becomes AD??

Does your source plan on Hatch retiring before 5/1?

No. But Currie better send him packing within 24 hours of next season's first-round ACC tourney loss.

how much money we will truly save by keeping Manning around one more year? Seems like we’ll lose a ton of money with fan attendance etc... Still confused about this.

You don't tweet what he tweeted unless you're hugely arrogant. It helps that he deleted it, but not much

Jesus dude. Chill. Listen what people are saying here. It was a tone deaf tweet. That’s it. The guy is in your side. Go drink a beer or 9 like the rest of us.

Jesus dude. Chill. Listen what people are saying here. It was a tone deaf tweet. That’s it. The guy is in your side. Go drink a beer or 9 like the rest of us.

I don’t have an opinion about Ben Sutton right now, but I’m sure that it’s possible to believe that he’s on our side yet still arrogant for what he wrote, regardless of who it was written about.

The real arrogance issue is Ron Wellman. To give almost no validity to anything fans legitimately feel is unthinkable.

Dan’s piece was weak. I’m done with him. Give me Conor all day. Also fuck Dan for not acknowledging that Conor asked a question Dan wanted asked from the sideline. Player hating from the sidelines get your own shit.

Back