• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan: Insanity Prevails

There is more than one "villain" in this whole sordid story. Wellman is certainly near the top of the list, Manning is a little above him IMO because the ONLY reason he is staying is to make sure he gets every penny he is owed despite knowing he is hated (he could care less), knows he is not a head coach meant for a power 5 conference, and is a smug, arrogant, vindictive and selfish individual. First time he gives that little smirk and smug, condescending non answer to a reporter after an inexplicably bad loss next season, I hope they throw a water bottle at him.

However the head honcho of guilt in this saga is one Nathan Hatch, who has systematically went about basically destroying what Wake once was, to what he wanted it to be, ie in his image. He is the one who could have stopped this disaster at any time if he cared a whit about Wake Forest Basketball but consciously chose not to do so. Anyone thinking that Manning was not going to be retained was not cognizant of the Hatch/Wellman directorate at Wake where common sense is pushed aside in favor of complete control. Many here know that I was going against the grain in predicting he would be here one more year despite the overwhelming consensus he just HAD to be gone, surely, and was taken to task by some posters for ignoring the obviously logical position of such a decision. If only Wake Forest under Hatch would actually make such logical decisions. Well as of May 1st, half of the problem will be gone but the biggest one will remain

Mit Shah, Ben Sutton, Kenny Miller and some other big donors were not the villains in this and should not be vilified here as they have done the few good things we have seen being done by giving generously with their own money in an effort to make Wake a better place. I guarantee you not a one of those fine gentlemen are happy with yesterdays press conference, but their love for Wake exceeds their disdain for the powers that be.

Last edited:
Sutton's tweet makes it seem like he is not only for retaining Manning, he thinks we are idiots for thinking Manning should be fired.

So much of it makes absolutely no sense. Out-the-door Wellman being able to make the call on Manning (if true), perhaps chief of all

Just a little frustrating Dan largely carried water for the AD while with the Journal.

I understand not wanting to lose access, but he could've struck more of a balance

Dan no longer has editors and can say what ever h wants now.

There is more than one "villain" in this whole sordid story. Wellman is certainly near the top of the list, Manning is a little above him IMO because the ONLY reason he is staying is to make sure he gets every penny he is owed despite knowing he is hated (he could care less), knows he is not a head coach meant for a power 5 conference, and is a smug, arrogant, vindictive and selfish individual. First time he gives that little smirk and smug, condescending non answer to a reporter after an inexplicably bad loss next season, I hope they throw a water bottle at him.

And every one says how terrible of a person Buzz is. I think we have a worse person on our hands right now.

There is more than one "villain" in this whole sordid story. Wellman is certainly near the top of the list, Manning is a little above him IMO because the ONLY reason he is staying is to make sure he gets every penny he is owed despite knowing he is hated (he could care less), knows he is not a head coach meant for a power 5 conference, and is a smug, arrogant, vindictive and selfish individual. First time he gives that little smirk and smug, condescending non answer to a reporter after an inexplicably bad loss next season, I hope they throw a water bottle at

However the head honcho of guilt in this saga is one Nathan Hatch, who has systematically went about basically destroying what Wake once was, to what he wanted it to be, ie in his image. He is the one who could have stopped this disaster at any time if he cared a whit about Wake Forest Basketball but consciously chose not to do so. Anyone thinking that Manning was not going to be retained was not cognizant of the Hatch/Wellman directorate at Wake where common sense is pushed aside in favor of complete control. Many here know that I was going against the grain in predicting he would be here one more year despite the overwhelming consensus he just HAD to be gone, surely, and was taken to task by some posters for ignoring the obviously logical position of such a decision. If only Wake Forest under Hatch would actually make such logical decisions. Well as of May 1st, half of the problem will be gone but the biggest one will remain

Mit Shah, Ben Sutton, Kenny Miller and some other big donors were not the villains in this and should not be vilified here as they have done the few good things we have seen being done by giving generously with their own money in an effort to make Wake a better place. I guarantee you not a one of those fine gentlemen are happy with yesterdays press conference, but their love for Wake exceeds their disdain for the powers that be.

Yes...it has always been this. Look at ND athletics while he was there. Ask anyone associated with ND athletics. They were happy we took him off of their hands. Things will not improve until he is gone. Don’t blame Currie or other donors that love WF. Hatch could care less whether Wake wins at athletics.

so ALL the rich people are good? not sure that can fly in 2019 America, but i do like plot twists

If they love Wake so much, and have so much influence via their wealth, and disdain the powers that be, then shouldn't they use that love and influence to remove the powers that be and restore Wake to something we can all love?

If they love Wake so much, and have so much influence via their wealth, and disdain the powers that be, then shouldn't they use that love and influence to remove the powers that be and restore Wake to something we can all love?

That is a valid question. My take is that they have already given tens of millions of dollars to improve our facilities and make us competitive. I don’t expect them to give $15 million more to clean up Wellman’s contract.

I am convinced that they tried to move Manning out, but he dug in like an Alabama tick and would not budge. Mother So Dear would not pony up, even though it probably costs us more to keep him. Just my take.

Maybe Sutton’s tweet was more about frustration than anything else.

That is a valid question. My take is that they have already given tens of millions of dollars to improve our facilities and make us competitive. I don’t expect them to give $15 million more to clean up Wellman’s contract.

I am convinced that they tried to move Manning out, but he dug in like an Alabama tick and would not budge. Mother So Dear would not pony up, even though it probably costs us more to keep him. Just my take.

Maybe Sutton’s tweet was more about frustration than anything else.

Then they are suckers who have wasted their millions. In basketball, our facilities have improved, yet our competitiveness has declined.

I’m gonna go with Brews and DG3 on this one, look past the #culturebuilder and Reagan-stanning, to reach across lines and not besmirch Sutton’s glory anymore. But I will continue to besmirch Wellman’s glory all the hell I want.

I’m gonna go with Brews and DG3 on this one, look past the #culturebuilder and Reagan-stanning, to reach across lines and not besmirch Sutton’s glory anymore. But I will continue to besmirch Wellman’s glory all the hell I want.

So we should eat Wellman, and maybe Hatch. But no eating Sutton. Do I have that right?

The day after the rough anal sex we all received, I think many are just ready to move on to other interests outside of Wake Forest athletics. I certainly am.

The day after the rough anal sex we all received, I think many are just ready to move on to other interests outside of Wake Forest athletics. I certainly am.

yeah. i don't even know what to say or do now. it's just like blah

Class action lawsuit?

yeah. i don't even know what to say or do now. it's just like blah

Do alumni of a cuniversity have any rights to find out about possible institutional malpractice ? Would hatches authorization of a deal like Mannings be considered malpractice. Will the bot fire hatch? Ambivalent toward my favourite sport and team now. Ugggg.

Back