• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan: Insanity Prevails

The BoT LOVES Hatch. Do not hold your breath — he is a deity. It would have to be something on a level way above this.

That is a valid question. My take is that they have already given tens of millions of dollars to improve our facilities and make us competitive. I don’t expect them to give $15 million more to clean up Wellman’s contract.

I am convinced that they tried to move Manning out, but he dug in like an Alabama tick and would not budge. Mother So Dear would not pony up, even though it probably costs us more to keep him. Just my take.

Maybe Sutton’s tweet was more about frustration than anything else.

Let this be a lesson for all, coaches matter over buildings every goddamn time

let's go down memory lane

in 95, wake won ten straight games over a month's span. culminating with an ACC title. they beat six teams ranked in the top 20 over that span including UNC and UVA twice, Maryland and Georgia Tech.
in the 90s, wake also beat duke eight straight times

on 2/7/93 wake beat Temple 106-69 in McGongile Hall, just a week after destroying UNC 88-62

Today our wildest dream is to go like 18-13, 10-8 and get an 11 seed, you know, if everything breaks perfectly.

let's go down memory lane

in 95, wake won ten straight games over a month's span. culminating with an ACC title. they beat six teams ranked in the top 20 over that span including UNC and UVA twice, Maryland and Georgia Tech.
in the 90s, wake also beat duke eight straight times

Wake beat Duke 9 straight times. We won in Cameron in '93, swept them in '94, swept them in '95 (plus a win in the ACC Tourney), swept them in '96, and won in Cameron in '97. In fact, Tim Duncan never lost a game in Cameron and was 8-1 against Duke.

and yet we keep slowly sliding from a Top 25 school to a Top 30 school. Great job, Nate

i know Ph probably has tenure at this point but he really should apply for an administrative position at WFU. Sounds like it takes a lot to get fired

Dan no longer has editors and can say what ever h wants now.

He should at least admit the “peanut gallery” was right.

i know Ph probably has tenure at this point but he really should apply for an administrative position at WFU. Sounds like it takes a lot to get fired

An administrative position at Wake has more job security and fewer expectations.

That is a valid question. My take is that they have already given tens of millions of dollars to improve our facilities and make us competitive. I don’t expect them to give $15 million more to clean up Wellman’s contract.

I am convinced that they tried to move Manning out, but he dug in like an Alabama tick and would not budge. Mother So Dear would not pony up, even though it probably costs us more to keep him. Just my take.

Maybe Sutton’s tweet was more about frustration than anything else.
I think this is probably what happened. Giving money to get your name on a building is apples, but flushing money to correct Wellman’s mistake is oranges. Plus, I’m sure there are several donors involved. They likely didn’t all agree on things- a typical power struggle, like politics.

Wake beat Duke 9 straight times. We won in Cameron in '93, swept them in '94, swept them in '95 (plus a win in the ACC Tourney), swept them in '96, and won in Cameron in '97. In fact, Tim Duncan never lost a game in Cameron and was 8-1 against Duke.

Forgot tournament win

Forgot tournament win

One of my favorite Wake wins ever. I got so sick of hearing how Duke was the best last place team in the country. No, they may have been the most talented last place team in the country, but they still sucked. I took off of work to watch us play them and was super pissed when we were down 31-13. But Randolph was more pissed. "Give me the ball every time." He scored 40 and we won easily.

I think this is probably what happened. Giving money to get your name on a building is apples, but flushing money to correct Wellman’s mistake is oranges. Plus, I’m sure there are several donors involved. They likely didn’t all agree on things- a typical power struggle, like politics.

Putting a name on a building ties you into this mess. The big donor who led the buyout and came out to claim it would be a hero.

Keep in mind these new facilities are being wasted with Manning as coach. That is if the point is to win.

All-Time Infinite Pos Rec

Back