• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan: Insanity Prevails

From Dan:

I always thought the hiring of Jeff [Redacted] as head coach was the dumbest decision by a man I had always considered to be smart. No longer.

Retaining Danny Manning is the dumbest decision of my lifetime of covering basketball.

Had to be said! Dan is right on with this one! The one question I want answered is why Wellman did not retire immediately. I should have known something like this would happen when it was announced he was not retiring until May 1.

Just a little frustrating Dan largely carried water for the AD while with the Journal.

I understand not wanting to lose access, but he could've struck more of a balance

Showing my ignorance here, but who is the well-heeled alum with his name on a building?

From Dan:

I always thought the hiring of Jeff [Redacted] as head coach was the dumbest decision by a man I had always considered to be smart. No longer.

Retaining Danny Manning is the dumbest decision of my lifetime of covering basketball.

on this point, Dan and I agree - and I thought it was surely the reason Manning would be let go.

Just a little frustrating Dan largely carried water for the AD while with the Journal.

I understand not wanting to lose access, but he could've struck more of a balance

This. I don't care what Disco Dan has to say about our program. He was part of apparatus that assured us everything would be okay. He legitimized this mess until it was impossible to do so, but the damage was already done. Hindsight is 20/20, but Dan Collins needed a better prescription while he was still employed by the WSJ.

Enjoy retirement, Dan. Don't waste your time anymore with Wake Forest basketball.

At least he understands that this is a Wellman issue and not a Currie issue. So sick of seeing fools berate a guy before he is even on the payroll.

Yes, but surely accepting another year (minimum) of Manning was a condition of taking the job. There's no way he's being blindsided by this

Showing my ignorance here, but who is the well-heeled alum with his name on a building?

Here's a shot of the Miller Center on the campus of WFU

miller-300x158.jpg

Yes, but surely accepting another year (minimum) of Manning was a condition of taking the job. There's no way he's being blindsided by this

Right, but did you want him to not take the job? The same stipulation would be for any AD. So you wanted Wellman to stay?

Back