• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan: Insanity Prevails

Sutton has done pretty damn well since finishing last in his law school class and flunking the bar 4 times (finally gave up). Gotta give him credit. It’s pretty amazing to those of us who knew him at WFU. He probably would have been the last person voted most likely to become a billionaire, live at a mansion in Pebble Beach, and have his name on two of the WF athletic buildings. But he has done it, has donated tons of money to WFU and loves the school. Moreover, from what I have been told, he helped force Wellman out.

All very true. He finished a year behind me in law school. Took a good idea and turned it into a billion dollar business. Brilliant and hard work.

All very true. He finished a year behind me in law school. Took a good idea and turned it into a billion dollar business. Brilliant and hard work.

You must have been in the law school class of ‘82 (duh, it matches your name). I was class of ‘84 and my sister was ‘81. My post was probably a bit hard on Ben, given that I wasn’t exactly at the top of my class either. Those were good times and the law school was filled with good people.

Maybe we should consider that the board of trustees was only willing to pay a certain amount to make Manning go away. Or there were other reasons that the deal did not get done.

Clearly from all accounts we tried to get rid of Manning. Don’t confuse the public comments with the facts.

So we were only willing to pay X amount of dollars to get rid of him and we needed more because our AD is a total moron. How does that make the situation better at all?

Further, it just solidifies our commitment to not caring about basketball. It’s the most “little ole (insert any school here)” move I can recall in college athletics.

I had stopped reading this thread after page 2 but went back through it this a.m. So we hate Ron, Hatch and Danny but we're not sure about Sutton. It's a shite show at such a high level and a stain on the school. Makes me wonder how much longer Clawson will hang around.

on 2/7/93 wake beat Temple 106-69 in McGongile Hall, just a week after destroying UNC 88-62

Gawd what a fantastic win v Temple. Brent Musberger with the call on ABC if I recall correctly. That was back when Temple was a top 20 team.

Maybe we need a separate thread recounting great games / seasons / players from the pre-Lost Decade era.

Last edited:
Gawd what a fantastic win v Temple. Brent Musberger with the call on ABC if I recall correctly. That was back when Temple was a top 20 team.

you are correct. musberger on the call. it was on ABC. i have the game on VHS.

Maybe we need a separate thread recounting great games / seasons / players from the pre-Lost Decade era.

That was the last win of a 7 game win streak where we won at Maryland, at GT, Clemson, at UVa, destroyed UNC in WS, at NCSU, and at Temple.

GT, UVa, and UNC were all ranked in the Top 20 when we beat them.

Back