• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buzz > Manning

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
There should be little doubt.

At least Jeff had the dignity and courage to resign

Manning should be ashamed of himself

Stealing money from a university that now despises him worse than buzz

There should be little doubt.

At least Jeff had the dignity and courage to resign

Manning should be ashamed of himself

Stealing money from a university that now despises him

and a much better coach to boot, never thought I'd say that

definitely better at bragging about successful March Madness pizza parties

Buzz Williams is better than Manning, no question

One Word: Billboard

There is a reality where 5 years from now, we are pining for Danny Manning.

If Manning and his wife hate being at Wake as much as I've been told they both do, you would've thought they would've played ball on a potential re-structured buyout...which they clearly did not. So this just shows them both to be the money-grubbing phonies that , in reality, they are.

I would have rather Wellman come out and announce Jeffry was coming back than saying Manning is being retained, seriously. Sure, I would've hated it, but hated it less.

If Manning and his wife hate being at Wake as much as I've been told they both do, you would've thought they would've played ball on a potential re-structured buyout...which they clearly did not. So this just shows them both to be the money-grubbing phonies that , in reality, they are.

The idea that Manning was going to go for anything less than the full buyout was always a little naive. I think people have forgotten that he negotiated through the media in 2014.

Give Redacted the team we had this year and we would have been on the bubble and probably in the NIT

Oh my, how much people have forgotten.

This. My goodness do people not remember the talent we were left with. Manning is horrible, but he can recruit somewhat. Bz was horrible but can’t recruit. Can’t blame Manning for the contract Wellman gave him

If [Redacted] was coaching this year’s team we would have won 18-19 games. He never would have been able to recruit this team, but that’s beside the point. Convince me I’m wrong.

This. My goodness do people not remember the talent we were left with. Manning is horrible, but he can recruit somewhat. Bz was horrible but can’t recruit. Can’t blame Manning for the contract Wellman gave him

Creamy’s point was the [Redacted] with these players would have been a far better team.

Buzz did not have the personality to be a college coach especially at wake. Buzz could coach, the team ran decent offensive sets. The biggest problem for those teams was that DT and CMM got fouled more than any combo in the league and were terrible free throw shooters. I’ve never understood the hate toward buzz. He was awkward yes, and should’ve been out earlier but compared to manning he is wooden.

Danny manning is an aloof asshole. He is also a terrible coach. Terrible. It is astounding his lack of skil considering his time in the game. Now he does deserve the ire he is getting.

Back