• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Russell Turner

I hope Miller is still there. He has turned down better jobs and he will again. But if a P5 job like Vandy offers he’s gone and we’ve permanently missed our shot. He goes from there to Chapel Hill.

Next year we will be back in the general pool. Today will cost us for decades. Turner and Miller were on a tee for us. Too bad for Wake.
Yep.

I recall NO ONE wanting him when his name was mentioned last go round.

I recall NO ONE wanting him when his name was mentioned last go round.

I had him as #4 last go round. Behind Miller, Wojo, & Kelsey. Most of the Strickland family had him #1

I just heard him interviewed by Chris Broussard and Rob Parker on Fox Sports radio and they mentioned him as a possible candidate for UCLA. Very good interview.

I hope Miller is still there. He has turned down better jobs and he will again. But if a P5 job like Vandy offers he’s gone and we’ve permanently missed our shot. He goes from there to Chapel Hill.

Next year we will be back in the general pool. Today will cost us for decades. Turner and Miller were on a tee for us. Too bad for Wake.

What better jobs has he turned down?

I think today proved that no matter what any of us said or did, it didn’t matter as long as one particular person was in charge. Sorry you couldn’t see that.

Dr can be abrasive as hell, and I've insulted him as much as anyone, but it's hard to deny that we'd be significantly better off listening to his advice.

What better jobs has he turned down?

Pittsburgh but Jeff Capel got it instead. Louisville except Chris Mack got it. Georgia but Tom Crean………………..yeah you all get the idea. Lots and lots of big time jobs turned down just waiting for the right one to take. Because as we all know that in the end it will lead to the yellow brick road of Chapel Hill

Dr can be abrasive as hell, and I've insulted him as much as anyone, but it's hard to deny that we'd be significantly better off listening to his advice.

Probably, but that’s a low bar. When the AD values being “right” over being good, then lots of crazy people will look good in comparison.

I'll bite. What better jobs has he turned down?

I don't think there's ever been any reports that Miller has as much as interviewed for a P6 job.

If there's evidence, do share. Otherwise not surprising king embellisher/liar is in prime form today

I had him as #4 last go round. Behind Miller, Wojo, & Kelsey. Most of the Strickland family had him #1

Think about this for a second. In 2014 you had Wes Miller, Wojo, Pat Kelsey, and Russel Turner as your top 4 choices. In 2014. You made this list in 2014. Because you thought those were the 4 best options for Wake Forest.

You’re a clown.

Super important for message board posters to take the advice of other message board posters on things they have absolutely no control over.

Think about this for a second. In 2014 you had Wes Miller, Wojo, Pat Kelsey, and Russel Turner as your top 4 choices. In 2014. You made this list in 2014. Because you thought those were the 4 best options for Wake Forest.

You’re a clown.

Correct. And damn proud of it. 4 winners right there. Coaching choices aren’t about the past. They are about the future. And those 4 have had 5 damn good years. And my belief is they will have 20 more.

In 20 combined seasons, this august chamber of winners has combined for 6 ncaa appearances and 1, yes 1, win.

In 20 combined seasons, this august chamber of winners has combined for 6 ncaa appearances and 1, yes 1, win.

Pretty sporty for coaching UNCG, Irvine, Winthrop and Marq.

As I have pointed out in the past, my choices are out there and winning. You’re just sitting around bitching without solutions.

Pretty sporty for coaching UNCG, Irvine, Winthrop and Marq.

As I have pointed out in the past, my choices are out there and winning. You’re just sitting around bitching without solutions.

Marquette went to the NCAA tournament 8 of the 9 years pre Wojo.
Winthrop went to the NCAA 5 of the 8 years pre Kelsey.

this is my answer

343030.jpg

No dookies or tarheels until roy and k retire. they'll all jump to their alma mater if they do well at wfu

Back