• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Russell Turner

Yes, when your hype is refuted with cold hard fact, you usually result to insults.

unfortunately he'll be at a great program this year no doubt and we missed our shot

Yes, when your hype is refuted with cold hard fact, you usually result to insults.

Wait, what facts are you talking about? All 4 have had a great 5 year run at their respective schools. They have all been at the top or close to the top of their respective leagues every year.

Pretty sporty for coaching UNCG, Irvine, Winthrop and Marq.

As I have pointed out in the past, my choices are out there and winning. You’re just sitting around bitching without solutions.

Wojo has not lived up to Marquette standards yet. They have made the Tourney 33 times, with one National Championship, 3 Final Fours, 7 Elite Eights, 16 Sweet Sixteens. They have a much better NCAA Tourney history than Wake.

In his 5 seasons, Wojo has 2 first round losses.

Wait, what facts are you talking about? All 4 have had a great 5 year run at their respective schools. They have all been at the top or close to the top of their respective leagues every year.

Wojo has finished 9th, 7th, 4th, 7th, 2nd in the Big East. That is not "at the top" nor really close to the top expect for this season.

Wojo hasn't even come close to living up to historical Marquette standards.

Kelsey has one NCAA appearance in 7 years. Where Winthrop was an NCAA mainstay before he got there.

Btw uncg is getting totally embarrassed by lipscomb at home in the second round of the NIT

Pretty sporty for coaching UNCG, Irvine, Winthrop and Marq.

As I have pointed out in the past, my choices are out there and winning. You’re just sitting around bitching without solutions.

Your choices aren't winning. They are treading water at best. While they may be moderately better than Manning, there is 0 indication any of them could be a dominant coach in the ACC.

Your top 2 choices for AD were John Currie and Ben Sutton. Two guys intimately involved in the return of a coach who has lost 19+ games in 4 of his 5 seasons. So forgive me if I think your judgment with respect to what works for Wake is suspect, at best. And that was before I found out you chintz on wedding trips for your friends (Biloxi? Seriously?).

My solution is simple- conduct a legit search for an AD. Then pay for a quality coach. Matta, Sean Miller, whomever else is willing to leave for a significant raise and a chance to be the best coach in the ACC when Williams and K are gone in 5 years. I don't have the names because no one has paid me to figure them out. While I'm happy that you go to southern conference games to try and pick up girls, maybe spend more of that hard-earned money traveling to teams that are nationally competitive and figure out which winners are available.

Your choices aren't winning. They are treading water at best. While they may be moderately better than Manning, there is 0 indication any of them could be a dominant coach in the ACC.

Your top 2 choices for AD were John Currie and Ben Sutton. Two guys intimately involved in the return of a coach who has lost 19+ games in 4 of his 5 seasons. So forgive me if I think your judgment with respect to what works for Wake is suspect, at best. And that was before I found out you chintz on wedding trips for your friends (Biloxi? Seriously?).

My solution is simple- conduct a legit search for an AD. Then pay for a quality coach. Matta, Sean Miller, whomever else is willing to leave for a significant raise and a chance to be the best coach in the ACC when Williams and K are gone in 5 years. I don't have the names because no one has paid me to figure them out. While I'm happy that you go to southern conference games to try and pick up girls, maybe spend more of that hard-earned money traveling to teams that are nationally competitive and figure out which winners are available.

There is 0 evidence Currie or Sutton had anything to do with Manning’s contract. But you said that anyway. We suck because we have alums like you.

"0 evidence"- other than the fact that 1 is the AD in waiting?

We suck because people like Ron Wellman and you think that they can pick out a diamond in the rough like [Redacted] or Manning or Pat "1 tourney in 7 years) Kelsey instead of paying to hire a quality coach.

Wake Forest is a program that has had great players, no great coaches, and limited postseason success. Why on earth should we overvalue coaches with connections to Wake?

Wake Forest is a program that has had great players, no great coaches, and limited postseason success. Why on earth should we overvalue coaches with connections to Wake?

For the exact reason you state; other equally good coaches either won’t come or won’t stay with success.

For the exact reason you state; other equally good coaches either won’t come or won’t stay with success.

That’s ridiculous. Clawson, Grobe, and Prosser came. Grobe and Prosser stayed.

That’s ridiculous. Clawson, Grobe, and Prosser came. Grobe and Prosser stayed.

Trying to get Sean Miller from the University of Arizona is a horrendous take. DeacSig should at least know our target should be either a midmajor guy who has his school playing above it’s history for a consistent period of time w good recruiting history (NATE OATS) or a unemployed P5 coach with tournament success (He DID say Matta).

what about alums like me and Brews

DR has always been nice to me in person and I can get behind most of his logic besides the wojo thing. I think wojo is a loser and while I think Miller would do good at WFU he would leave in a heartbeat to go to UNC.

DR has always been nice to me in person and I can get behind most of his logic besides the wojo thing. I think wojo is a loser and while I think Miller would do good at WFU he would leave in a heartbeat to go to UNC.

under this scenario, though, he really kicked ass for us in order for him to get that job

under this scenario, though, he really kicked ass for us in order for him to get that job

UNC likes hiring UNC people. They will take any excuse they can get to not hire Jerod Haase or Hubert Davis.

Also DR claims he wants a guy that will be here for the next twenty years. Roy ain’t a spring chicken, that new coach is coming soon.

Back