• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Russell Turner

For the exact reason you state; other equally good coaches either won’t come or won’t stay with success.

We had Beilein packing his suitcase to come here. And then Wellman called him and said to stay where he was. Since then we've been to one Sweet 16. Beilein has been to two championship games.

DR has always been nice to me in person and I can get behind most of his logic besides the wojo thing. I think wojo is a loser and while I think Miller would do good at WFU he would leave in a heartbeat to go to UNC.

Best case scenario.

UNC likes hiring UNC people. They will take any excuse they can get to not hire Jerod Haase or Hubert Davis.

Also DR claims he wants a guy that will be here for the next twenty years. Roy ain’t a spring chicken, that new coach is coming soon.

Hubert Davis graduated from UNC and played on the basketball team. How is he not a UNC person?

DR, everyone else is suggesting strong, proven coaches. You are not. I think we might suck because of alums like you (settling for mediocrity).

They needed the home run hire to justify the buyout. Posts like yours convinced them folks wouldn’t be all in with Turner or Miller. Nice work guys!

They needed the home run hire to justify the buyout. Posts like yours convinced them folks wouldn’t be all in with Turner or Miller. Nice work guys!

What are you talking about? I said I liked Miller as an option. Don’t make stuff up. Alums like you making stuff up are our problem.

"UNC likes hiring UNC people. They will take any excuse they can get to not hire Jerod Haase or Hubert Davis."

How else could it be read?

Those are the top two candidates for the job besides Wes because we know they like hiring UNC people. If we were to hire Miller, they’d do anything possible to snake him from us if he’s worth a damn.

Those are the top two candidates for the job besides Wes because we know they like hiring UNC people. If we were to hire Miller, they’d do anything possible to snake him from us if he’s worth a damn.

Gotcha. I wasn't thinking of Haase as a UNC person but as a Kansas person.

Haase! Pride of South Lake Tahoe!

We suck really bad, guys. Nine years of trash at a school with a fair share of fundamental recruiting disadvantages already. If freaking UNC ever wants to swoop in and grab our coach someday, that means some good things have happened AND it means we'll be in good position to hire a swell replacement.

Point being, this convoluted hypothetical is much nicer to consider than reality.

Wojo has finished 9th, 7th, 4th, 7th, 2nd in the Big East. That is not "at the top" nor really close to the top expect for this season.

This is great analysis but it fails to mention that Wojo is a piece of shit. Fuck Wojo.

Back