• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Russell Turner

The guy Currie did hire got beat by the guy he should (maybe) hire right now

why do this? are we not suffering enough. ban all basketball threads!!!

;)

Russell’s win today was great. As was his win last week. But it was the last 9 years that proved he should be our coach. I’m sorry the rest of you weren’t paying attention.

Russell’s win today was great. As was his win last week. But it was the last 9 years that proved he should be our coach. I’m sorry the rest of you weren’t paying attention.

What the fuck does this mean? You're the only person who knew turner was a good coach?

I have to believe that the short list at VT if Buzz leaves consists of Turner and Shaka. Mike Young from Wofford is next man up after those two.

What the fuck does this mean? You're the only person who knew turner was a good coach?

No, not the only one. But for all of those here openly trashing Turner and Miller as not good choices—today is squarely on you. Thanks for making us suck another 5 years.

Yeah i bet Turner is gone. Um, sorry DR but i think Miller will still be there next year. Though i could see him getting an interview for the VT job.

Yeah i bet Turner is gone. Um, sorry DR but i think Miller will still be there next year. Though i could see him getting an interview for the VT job.

I hope Miller is still there. He has turned down better jobs and he will again. But if a P5 job like Vandy offers he’s gone and we’ve permanently missed our shot. He goes from there to Chapel Hill.

Next year we will be back in the general pool. Today will cost us for decades. Turner and Miller were on a tee for us. Too bad for Wake.

I hope Miller is still there. He has turned down better jobs and he will again. But if a P5 job like Vandy offers he’s gone and we’ve permanently missed our shot. He goes from there to Chapel Hill.

Next year we will be back in the general pool. Today will cost us for decades. Turner and Miller were on a tee for us. Too bad for Wake.

Fair enough - you’re more bullish on Miller then most of us, but it’s hard to disagree with anything else you’ve laid out here. Plus Oats looked pretty fucking good today and he’s not coaching at Buffalo next year.

To add - this was a GREAT year to hire. Lots of good candidates. No premier jobs open. And we blew it.

This is where we disagree: I think he jumps from anywhere to be the head coach at Chapel Hill.

No, not the only one. But for all of those here openly trashing Turner and Miller as not good choices—today is squarely on you. Thanks for making us suck another 5 years.

This makes no sense. How can a message board make us suck for 9 years? Maybe Wellman and the “power that be” are responsible? 🙄

Back