• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is this ROCK BOTTOM?

No.

We still have transfers, recruiting drop-off, and a full 2019-2020 season of shitty ACC basketball to come.

Not confident at all that we will keep our key players. Just feels like more turnover to come. Don’t think another P5 school would allow this to happen.

Rock bottom was Wake football in the mid 70's

It’s still going to get worse. The season after next might be the worst we’ve had. How in the hell is Manning going to recruit anyone for the 2020 class?

We reached rock bottom years ago. We are just baselining in the 9th circle of hell right now.

Rock bottom will be next year before we fire Danny.

So I'll meet you at the bottom if there really is one
They always told me when you hit it you'll know it
But I've been falling so long it's like gravity's gone and I'm just floating

- Drive By Truckers

I always assumed [Redacted] was taking us there. Ron Wellman made sure we kepd digging deeper. Not there yet!

This is a trick question. For many this is rock(ish) bottom because lots of fans are realizing, for the first time, what we are truly dealing with at wake under hatch and wellman.

As far as rock bottom wrt bball team "success" we now know (including many reasons already listed) we keep digging deeper and should stop being surprised.

Rock Bottom is when this Generation of Fans eventually pass away, due to there not being a new Generation of Fans being developed, the WFU BB Program will be “Dead” and all of the Folklore that goes with it...

Your only alive for as long as you are remembered
- Westworld

We’re still in the spaghettification phase of being sucked further into the black hole.

But the singularity is undoubtedly near.

We're at the inner core of the earth. Roughly 1800 miles below rock bottom.

Wake basketball is so low it is having to reach up to touch rock bottom!

Who can even tell anymore? We’ve been stumbling around in a wasteland for a decade.

I think rock bottom is next year when we confirm that he's sticking around for 2020-2021 season.

Back