• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Realistic Pessimism Aside

ResilientDeac

Reaction score
I am choosing to not be butthurt and assume the worst. Does this situation suck? Yes. Do I wish it was different? Yes. Is whining about it going to change anything? No.

Therefore I am choosing to assume that the better play down the stretch is an indicator that we will be better next year. I am choosing to be all in for wake forest because, well that should be obvious on this board. I am choosing to trust that Currie will run him off next year if there isn’t vast improvement. Why? Because I try not to let other people’s dumb affect me.

Is this anybody else or just me?

Jesus man, you really are resilient. Kudos!

Better play down the stretch? We lost 5 of our last 6 games, including a 25-point loss at home to a mediocre Syracuse team.

I am choosing to not be butthurt and assume the worst. Does this situation suck? Yes. Do I wish it was different? Yes. Is whining about it going to change anything? No.

Therefore I am choosing to assume that the better play down the stretch is an indicator that we will be better next year. I am choosing to be all in for wake forest because, well that should be obvious on this board. I am choosing to trust that Currie will run him off next year if there isn’t vast improvement. Why? Because I try not to let other people’s dumb affect me.

If everyone stays (big "if"), I think we'll be slightly better than this year, but we won't make the tournament. We'll still play really weak defense (no ball pressure, arms at our sides, etc), we'll still have long scoring droughts (several to end games), we'll still get called for moving screens, etc.

I didn't see much improvement at the end of the year. Yes, we had a close game at Duke, but I think that was mainly because Duke played poorly and didn't have Zion.

The buy-out next year will apparantly be around $14 million. What makes you think he'll get approval for Wake to eat that ?

The buy-out next year will apparantly be around $14 million. What makes you think he'll get approval for Wake to eat that ?

Because if the likelihood for vast improvement is as low as everybody in this board thinks then they will not really have a choice.

When you've lost Rafi...

I have never been a fan of Manning (or, obviously, [Redacted]). Manning should’ve been fired last year, and then clearly should’ve been fired after losing to Houston Baptist this year. I’ve been writing that for months on here.

Like many others on this site, I was encouraged by the 2016-17 season, but last year was a disaster (as was this year).

My point is quite simple. All this negativity about being done with our Deacs is an overreaction and not helpful. These kids didn’t do anything to deserve this and they deserve our support.

I am assuming that most of us on this board do not give significant monies to the athletic department. I will continue to call for the best possible while cheering on the Deacs.

Nope. I hope next year we go 0-30 and it becomes a national media fixation as the season goes on. "Will Wake Forest win a basketball game?"

I want to truly find rock bottom so this shit is over with. :eek:

And guess what? If we improve next season, does Manning stay another year?
I’ll read about it next March. Done.

My point is quite simple. All this negativity about being done with our Deacs is an overreaction and not helpful. These kids didn’t do anything to deserve this and they deserve our support.

I am assuming that most of us on this board do not give significant monies to the athletic department. I will continue to call for the best possible while cheering on the Deacs.

I basically agree with this. I’m still very excited to see how this tennis season ends and to go to a lot of football and soccer games in the fall. I’ll donate to the Deacon Club and direct my funds to those programs.

I’ll likely get basketball tickets again because my kids and I enjoy going to the games and supporting the student athletes (although some of the games are just brutal).

I actually think we had some pretty good players this year, but they were a rudderless team and have been under Manning. I don’t see that changing.

I basically agree with this. I’m still very excited to see how this tennis season ends and to go to a lot of football and soccer games in the fall. I’ll donate to the Deacon Club and direct my funds to those programs.

I’ll likely get basketball tickets again because my kids and I enjoy going to the games and supporting the student athletes (although some of the games are just brutal).

I actually think we had some pretty good players this year, but they were a rudderless team and have been under Manning. I don’t see that changing.

Jeezzz I wish I was able to find excitement in something so torturous..last game I went to and will go to is the Tenn game 2 years ago where crawford turned it over 15+ times.

And no...this team deserves no support. If they are too clueless to realize their leader is incapable, they are part of the problem as well...that and all but 2 of them dont belong in the acc

Jeezzz I wish I was able to find excitement in something so torturous..last game I went to and will go to is the Tenn game 2 years ago where crawford turned it over 15+ times.

I like watching b-ball games in person. Some of the games are fun - I had a great time at the State game this year, for example. I also enjoying seeing friends there.

Don’t get me wrong, I very much want a new coach. I think our ceiling as a program is very high, but we obviously need a much better coach to get there.

In regards to getting a new coach, I don’t think it makes one iota of difference if I get season tickets or not, so since I am often inclined to go, I get them.

Back