• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Realistic Pessimism Aside

Because if the likelihood for vast improvement is as low as everybody in this board thinks then they will not really have a choice.

If you really believe what you are saying and your name is not Manning or Wellman you have lost your #$@$@# mind. I challenge you to attend future games at the Joel with a tattoo on your forehead that says, "11-20", "11-20", and "11-20".

I basically agree with this. I’m still very excited to see how this tennis season ends and to go to a lot of football and soccer games in the fall. I’ll donate to the Deacon Club and direct my funds to those programs.

I’ll likely get basketball tickets again because my kids and I enjoy going to the games and supporting the student athletes (although some of the games are just brutal).

I actually think we had some pretty good players this year, but they were a rudderless team and have been under Manning. I don’t see that changing.

Enjoy it before your kids learn how to count.

“ResillentDeac” LOL, Ravi why did you feel the need to create a second persona?

The bad part about all of this is...Ron is retiring and his retirement has been funded by all the dollars loyal Wake fans have spent over the years. Protesting by boycotting games, canceling DC memberships, and halting donations don’t affect HIM in the least any longer. He’ll be laughing at all the fools who bought into his act and continued to support his bullshit for two decades from the front porch of his mansion on Figure 8.

His work here is done.

I will not buy another basketball ticket until Wake Forest University makes a move that indicates they’re serious about winning basketball games. I will not give another cent to the DC because I feel that they have enabled Ron for years by peddling his lies and excuses.

I will, however, support Clawson and the football team. I will support tennis, soccer, golf, etc. Those coaches are doing their jobs (made much harder by the gross mismanagement of the basketball program) and should not be punished. You can make direct donations to the program of your choice.

Maybe money flowing directly to football or soccer or tennis is the way to make a statement?

The bad part about all of this is...Ron is retiring and his retirement has been funded by all the dollars loyal Wake fans have spent over the years. Protesting by boycotting games, canceling DC memberships, and halting donations don’t affect HIM in the least any longer. He’ll be laughing at all the fools who bought into his act and continued to support his bullshit for two decades from the front porch of his mansion on Figure 8.

His work here is done.

I will not buy another basketball ticket until Wake Forest University makes a move that indicates they’re serious about winning basketball games. I will not give another cent to the DC because I feel that they have enabled Ron for years by peddling his lies and excuses.

I will, however, support Clawson and the football team. I will support tennis, soccer, golf, etc. Those coaches are doing their jobs (made much harder by the gross mismanagement of the basketball program) and should not be punished. You can make direct donations to the program of your choice.

Maybe money flowing directly to football or soccer or tennis is the way to make a statement?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to KVegasDeac again.

The directed donations are really just a spit in the ocean. If, say $100 is directed to Women's Golf, then $100 of undesignated funds (read ACC TV money here) will not go there, but somewhere else, like Men's Basketball.

The directed donations are really just a spit in the ocean. If, say $100 is directed to Women's Golf, then $100 of undesignated funds (read ACC TV money here) will not go there, but somewhere else, like Men's Basketball.

If designated donations exceed a particular sport’s budgeted funds, then that sport should get more (at least ethically...but who knows at Wake.) That’s how other programs that accept designated funds work, I believe (e.g. United Way.)

The goal isn't to defund basketball, it's to send a message

Back