• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

“Open the Gate”

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
I had a dream that the retired Ron Wellman was the “Open the Gate” honoree at a football game and while he was being announced and they were playing the video on scoreboard with Stan Cotton talking about all Ron “accomplished” while AD at Wake and when Stan Cotten says “Wake Forest welcomes back Ron Wellman” the whole stadium turns their backs to the field and boos so loud it registers on the seismograph.

Oh, don’t you worry. Ron has probably already scheduled the date for his first “open the gate”- I feel like it might be an annual event. He’s a demented narcissist- he WILL be in the spotlight and don’t forget what he’s done for MSD.

I imagine the boos will be louder than the cheers and that many backs will be turned.

The problem has always been Ron and the clowns who enable him. My fear is that Currie is a puppet and Ron will still call the shots from behind the curtain. Time will tell.

Well, an unfortunate "open the gate" motorcycle accident could take care of all that. Make it happen guy that drives the motorcycle!

Oh, don’t you worry. Ron has probably already scheduled the date for his first “open the gate”- I feel like it might be an annual event. He’s a demented narcissist- he WILL be in the spotlight and don’t forget what he’s done for MSD.

I imagine the boos will be louder than the cheers and that many backs will be turned.

The problem has always been Ron and the clowns who enable him. My fear is that Currie is a puppet and Ron will still call the shots from behind the curtain. Time will tell.

It will definitely be a "don't mind the man behind the curtain" with Currie around.

Tomatoes were recently added to the prohibited list at New Bank Field

Back