• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Build a wall between WFU and WSSU

Really? That's your angle? It's a big world, and the US is becoming more diverse (what you wanted, right?) every day. Of course incidents every day happen between races. That's the weakest thing I've ever heard.

If the post had mentioned building a wall between Wake and Salem, would it be misogynastic? If it were between Wake and UNCSA, would it be "Pubs vs. Libs?" Where does it end? Sometimes shit just happens, you're not always a victim.

It’s a big world so things are going to only be perceived the way generic white guy wants them to be perceived. You have to respect other people.

So what’s the purpose of the joke if it’s not racial?

It’s a big world so things are going to only be perceived the way generic white guy wants them to be perceived. You have to respect other people.

So what’s the purpose of the joke if it’s not racial?

“Generic white guy?” And we’re the racist ones. If you could look past your race-colored glasses, I stated earlier that it was a dig at Trump.

How was it a dig at Trump? That doesn’t make sense. And it’s so funny how people who get triggered by any discussion of race freak out when anybody says “white.”

How was it a dig at Trump? That doesn’t make sense. And it’s so funny how people who get triggered by any discussion of race freak out when anybody says “white.”
Are you really that dense? How is it a dig at Trump? Do you have to have everything spelled out for you, or are you just being intentionally contrary?

http://fortune.com/2018/12/13/trump-mexico-border-wall/

And no, I'm not triggered, I'm just calling you out on your bullshit.

Not really. Just offended.

Yes, the racial double standard offends me. As I said before, what if the Wake student that posted the wall comment had chosen any local school except WSSU? There would be no issue, and I would have gone back to laughing at Ron Wellman hours ago. But just because he/she chose the largest University in town, this guy who y'all let live in his own bubble because he goes to Disneyworld 6 times a year has his panties in a wad and needs to be brought to the real world.

Yes, the racial double standard offends me. As I said before, what if the Wake student that posted the wall comment had chosen any local school except WSSU? There would be no issue, and I would have gone back to laughing at Ron Wellman hours ago. But just because he/she chose the largest University in town, this guy who y'all let live in his own bubble because he goes to Disneyworld 6 times a year has his panties in a wad and needs to be brought to the real world.

Who is arguing with this?

The question for you seems to be why should things be different choosing WSSU?

Everyone else seems more concerned with why the student chose WSSU?

I don’t know what the kid meant, but it’s believable to me based on my experience at Wake not that long ago and having lived in Winston Salem for over 15 years now that a Wake student would say some racist shit about WSSU.

At the end of the day, you seem to be the person on this thread who is most offended by something.

This is a bad post.

How is using a Trump slogan about two things unrelated to Trump a dig at him?

“Build a wall between Trump tower and the rest of the world” is a dig at Trump.

“Build a wall between McDonalds and Wendy’s” is not.

Would being called "generic ______ guy" offend you? Especially in the context that your race's opinion is always slanted?

No it wouldn’t. I am as generic and WASPy as they come. I’m also a generic fat guy, and those jokes don’t offend me either.

This kid is learning a lesson that words have consequences. You could throw up your hands and bitch and moan about a double standard, but just over the last year Kevin Hart is a high profile example of the same thing.

If he was making a benign joke, why not choose duke, unc, etc? He chose WSSU. I tend to think it wasn’t just happenstance. Maybe I’m wrong.

GobleCracker-1.png

White people bitching about racial double standards is irony even my ec inclusion English students can comprehend.

White people bitching about racial double standards is irony even my ec inclusion English students can comprehend.

Not really. White males are public enemy number one these days. The black community wants preferential treatment, not equality.

See how easy it is to make broad statements?

So a student makes a shitty build the wall joke on Instagram and this requires the president of the University to respond? Find out who the kid was and discipline them privately.

WTF? This is abject nonsense. Stop fucking coddling people. WFU is supposed to be preparing people for the real world. This is 2019, Trump is president and there are a whole host of things that are awful that you can't do anything about. Keep looking forward and handle your fucking business and stop fucking crying about everyone who disagrees with you or makes and awful joke.

Grief.

Back