• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Build a wall between WFU and WSSU

Wake is filled with racist students, why else do you think people want to fire Manning.

What about building a wall between Western NC and East Tennessee? As someone who grew up in a border county, I think that a wall there would benefit our state as a whole. Nothing good has ever come form East Tennessee, except for Dolly Parton.

As often as 40 is closed it might as well be walled off

Twenty years ago, a bad joke only went to a few people; thousands at most. With social media, it picks up views as people pile on, so I agree the school has to say something to make it clear that it’s a couple of dumb 19 year olds making a poorly thought out joke.

I haven’t read the original “joke,” but I suspect they honestly thought it was smart parody. Picking WSSU is NECESSARY for their point to be made. The “joke” is that the same people who have no problem building a wall separating us from brown people in Mexico would never build that same wall in Winston. Building walls anywhere is sad. Perhaps a thoughtful essay asking people to consider the juxtaposition would have been more effective.

Twenty years ago, a bad joke only went to a few people; thousands at most. With social media, it picks up views as people pile on, so I agree the school has to say something to make it clear that it’s a couple of dumb 19 year olds making a poorly thought out joke.

I haven’t read the original “joke,” but I suspect they honestly thought it was smart parody. Picking WSSU is NECESSARY for their point to be made. The “joke” is that the same people who have no problem building a wall separating us from brown people in Mexico would never build that same wall in Winston. Building walls anywhere is sad. Perhaps a thoughtful essay asking people to consider the juxtaposition would have been more effective.

Nah they're probably just frat bros who thought it was funny and may or may not be Donald supporters.

Back