• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gronk Retires from NFL

I was never a Gronk fan and am not a Pats fan, but I respect Gronk for his football skills as well as his financial smarts. Reportedly, he has never spent any of his NFL money and has lived comfortably on endorsements, etc.
Now, with this early retirement, he leaves the game with his health and plenty of money. Very smart guy who should be an example to others.

When healthy, he was the most dominant all around TE in the history of the NFL. Short career, and missed alot of games, but should still be a HOFer.

Short career compared to Gates and Gonzalez but not that short overall at 9 years. Definitely a HOF.

I do find it funny that people are hyperventilating about his retirement less than a month after Jason Witten came out of retirement. I guess you have to but still.

He's a 1st ballot HOFer, no questions asked. And this isn't surprising at all. However, I'm still not 100% convinced he's done. I could see him coming back in like Week 11 for the stretch run and playoffs.

Our Gronk, who scores in sevens
hollow be thy brain
thy kingdom dumb, thy will mix rum
on turf as it is in heaven
feed us this day our daily meat spread
and don't forgive us our trespasses
as we don't forgive those who double cover against us
lead us directly and repeatedly into temptation
and deliver dat sexy body from evil
for spikes in the end zone with great power
bring you glory forever
whey men

This is great for ESPN. There's nothing else to talk about in March, so wall to wall Gronk coverage will fit in nicely until the NFL draft. There are definitely no other sports in the thick of their post-season or nearing it.

good for him for getting out before his brain is too scrambled.

He's 29. Turns 30 in May.

Could not believe it. He had just turned 21 (he was 20 on draft day) when he was a rookie. Wouldn't be surprised to see him make a come back.

Panthers should pick him up in Week 10 when Olsen is done for the year.

He's 29. Turns 30 in May.

Could not believe it. He had just turned 21 (he was 20 on draft day) when he was a rookie. Wouldn't be surprised to see him make a come back.

If he does, I would be shocked if he does anything other than rejoin the Pats for another Superbowl run.

Back