• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Transfers?

Seems like a coaching issue.

This. He looks like he doesn’t know what to do in our offense. Outside of BC, nobody does.

Also, if Hoard enters, then he’ll probably be a 2nd round pick. There are infinite spots in the NBA right now for athletic combo guards. Mo Harkless is an NBA starter. Hoard will be fine.

I don't really hope for transfers. I just dread the lack of transfers being pointed to as evidence of improvement. The whole March madness pizza party silliness has already kicked that narrative off.

My biggest fear for the program is minimal improvement. I thought for sure that we had Danny gone this year and a chance at finally righting the ship. Fear that it won't take much to bring him back now that he survived this low point. And so, I'm stuck hoping for lower points, whatever they may be...transfers, scandals, embarrassing losses. If the last 5 seasons weren't bad enough to get the guy fired, I guess we need worse. Ok, maybe I do hope for transfers.

At least nobody died at the hands of any of Wake's coaches...:wtf:

High Point's leading scorer Jahaad Proctor (19 ppg) will transfer and be immediately eligible as a grad. Will likely be an ACC target.

Also, William and Mary, who fired popular Tony Shaver (new AD - W&M was going to be the CAA favorite next year with all of their returnees), has had 4 players enter the transfer portal: Justin Pierce (starting PF), Chase Audige (Starting PG), Matt Milon (Starting SF), Luke Loewe (Starting 2G). The big wait is for starting center Nathan Knight, 6-10 245 21 ppg 8 rpg, 3.5 bpg. He is a junior and if qualifies as a grad transfer, everyone will be after him.

Great - it's this time of the year. Where we see a bunch of really good transfers pop up and get our hopes up that they will fill an immediate need for Wake... only to have them go to better teams, and then 2 months from now we will get a guy that was the 8th best player for NE Iowa State. In all fairness, Arians and the guard from Robert Morris (I think) were solid contributors. However, the last few years, it seems that our grad transfers have been less than stellar.

Also, if Hoard enters, then he’ll probably be a 2nd round pick.

Based on what? The last aggregate mock rankings had him at #62.

Hoard is listed as #50 on ESPN and SI.com but does not even make the list on NBADraft.net, The Athletic, or Bleacher Report.

Based on what? The last aggregate mock rankings had him at #62.

Hoard is listed as #50 on ESPN and SI.com but does not even make the list on NBADraft.net, The Athletic, or Bleacher Report.

I'm pretty sure you just answered your own question.

Who gives a shit. Wake me up when we have a competently coached team. Until then I'm out.

Back