• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Transfers?

kernersvillan

Reaction score
So if May 2nd comes and goes with no change, how many guys do you think will transfer/leave?

I don't think many will leave. The team seemed to really care about each other. other than hoarde who is trying to major in one and done i think the remaining top players (the 90% or whatever ronnie and the dummy keep bringing up) likely return. Always the possibility that kids getting little pt will leave.

I'll go on record with 2 losses or fewer. i know it sounds crazy but he can't possibly have 8 again. Right?

If I'm currie and he has a big exodus (put that at 25%) and I'm publicly calling out the lack of recruited graduates and reassigning danny to running 101 pe classes. Intro to bball or something.

OK by math there are only 8 guys who have eligibility left.

Staying: Chill, Chauncey prob staying at this point, Torry
Maybe: Mucius, Wright, Wynn, Sarr (overseas)
Gone: Hoard

We got the transfer from Charlotte and a couple freshman. Manning’s record on grad transfers has been iffy - Arians probably being the best of the group. If he doesn’t find a serviceable big man we are definitely heading to 10-21 again. Somehow we have 5 two guards, no point guard, and a solid 3. Best case would be .500 if we schedule like State.

OK by math there are only 8 guys who have eligibility left.

Staying: Chill, Chauncey prob staying at this point, Torry
Maybe: Mucius, Wright, Wynn, Sarr (overseas)
Gone: Hoard

We got the transfer from Charlotte and a couple freshman. Manning’s record on grad transfers has been iffy - Arians probably being the best of the group. If he doesn’t find a serviceable big man we are definitely heading to 10-21 again. Somehow we have 5 two guards, no point guard, and a solid 3. Best case would be .500 if we schedule like State.

Mucius is not leaving (your other 3 maybes are possibilities, but I think Hoard comes back)

I think they will all be back Hoard is too slight of build, and does not handle or shot well enough to make the jump.

If there should be a mass exit (which I don't think likely) that provides a rational for firing DM now. A rational that supposedly is not there presently. It would provide Currie with the argument that he is not 2nd guessing Wellman, but reacting to a situation that did not exist when Wellman decided to retain Manning.

Clearly none of you heard about this year’s Participation-trophy Pizza Party morale win

Whether he makes a good decision or not, Hoard does not look like he will ever play in the NBA. Low energy players with no outlier skills don’t play basketball in the NBA.

Whether he makes a good decision or not, Hoard does not look like he will ever play in the NBA. Low energy players with no outlier skills don’t play basketball in the NBA.

not sure i agree with this but Hoard needs to work on his shot away from the basket. he is a good post player with limited range...at 6'8 that is a problem that he needs to work on.

He needs to work on his energy. Dude stands around and does nothing half the time he doesn't have the ball on offense.

I predict all key players return + Neath is so good that he's a deserved 1-and-done. NIT bound and Manning lives to see another year.

Kind of weird and kind of sad: it seems like the state of the basketball program and the fractured fan base has created an environment when many here will be disappointed if there aren't mass transfers.

Hoard has talent. He needs to get stronger and play with more energy, but I would be surprised if he doesn't have a decent stint in the NBA.

If the team essentially returns in tact with a year to mature and with the transfers/recruits coming in, WF will be better, as in a winning overall record and NIT invite. Understand why some would see this as a worst-case scenario as six years into a coaching tenure sliding into the NIT and a 8-12 conference record should not be considered a program high point, but when expectations have fallen into the abyss, those looking to defend the decision to keep DM will claim "oh, Manning led WF to 18-15 record and a home NIT game against Coastal Carolina; program is headed in the right direction."

Wake may make that jump, but even if we improve 100 spots in KP we're not likely to be close to the bubble.

Kind of weird and kind of sad: it seems like the state of the basketball program and the fractured fan base has created an environment when many here will be disappointed if there aren't mass transfers.

I don't really hope for transfers. I just dread the lack of transfers being pointed to as evidence of improvement. The whole March madness pizza party silliness has already kicked that narrative off.

My biggest fear for the program is minimal improvement. I thought for sure that we had Danny gone this year and a chance at finally righting the ship. Fear that it won't take much to bring him back now that he survived this low point. And so, I'm stuck hoping for lower points, whatever they may be...transfers, scandals, embarrassing losses. If the last 5 seasons weren't bad enough to get the guy fired, I guess we need worse. Ok, maybe I do hope for transfers.

Last edited:
High Point's leading scorer Jahaad Proctor (19 ppg) will transfer and be immediately eligible as a grad. Will likely be an ACC target.

Also, William and Mary, who fired popular Tony Shaver (new AD - W&M was going to be the CAA favorite next year with all of their returnees), has had 4 players enter the transfer portal: Justin Pierce (starting PF), Chase Audige (Starting PG), Matt Milon (Starting SF), Luke Loewe (Starting 2G). The big wait is for starting center Nathan Knight, 6-10 245 21 ppg 8 rpg, 3.5 bpg. He is a junior and if qualifies as a grad transfer, everyone will be after him.

High Point's leading scorer Jahaad Proctor (19 ppg) will transfer and be immediately eligible as a grad. Will likely be an ACC target.

Also, William and Mary, who fired popular Tony Shaver (new AD - W&M was going to be the CAA favorite next year with all of their returnees), has had 4 players enter the transfer portal: Justin Pierce (starting PF), Chase Audige (Starting PG), Matt Milon (Starting SF), Luke Loewe (Starting 2G). The big wait is for starting center Nathan Knight, 6-10 245 21 ppg 8 rpg, 3.5 bpg. He is a junior and if qualifies as a grad transfer, everyone will be after him.

He didn't average 3.5 bpg. He averaged 2.3 bpg (which is very good but isn't 3.5).

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/nathan-knight-1.html

https://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/nathan-knight-player-stats

Sorry to hear about Shaver. At least there shouldn't be any academic issues with the W&M kids.

ETA: Odom being mentioned as a candidate for the Tribe position. That would be a good step up for him.

Last edited:
Back