• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A proposal for Deacon Club Member post 3/22

bowl tickets, ACC tournament tickets, etc....

I've done both in WF boxes/suites for less than 50% of face value this year. I used Craigslist/PayPal for the bowl and StubHub for the ACCt.

Using the DC for buying tickets should come with a free kick in the nads.

Wake just doesn't have enough living alumni to saturate the 3rd party market much beyond face value, even in a year like '06 for football or '09 in basketball.

Ticket buying isn't what it used to be. Accumulating points on the premise of eventually not being able to buy tickets on your own is terrible bet & it enables zombies like Ron Wellman to survive.

Why is this proposal posted on this board?

The odds are better you will find HPU boosters or members of the Rams Club over here then a Deacon Club member.

Parking passes are not readily abundant on the secondary market, from what I have experienced.

Colonel, While sometimes I'm disappointed in the number of votes in the polls on here, and despite what Mr. Sutton may have alleged, I think this board, and Les' board, and blogger so dear, are the places that real Deacon fans, though possibly not as connected as others, go to get info, trade ideas and bitch as necessary to their fandom. No better place I could think of to put it and I appreciate the voices of those who say not a penny but while it supports hoops it also supports many other sports that I still care about.

Pretty sure Orange lot and Coliseum lot parking passes for football are available without a DC membership

Wake’s last two bowl games were played in front of 45,000 empty seats, EACH.

Parking passes, especially for the Gold Lot are a worthwhile commodity, but if you’re not within range of the giving level for that pass, you can park at the end of Baity Street and walk to the Gold Lot in 5 minutes, which is the same amount of time it takes to walk there from any of the other lots that thousands of dollars worth of giving will earn you.

Missed this thread back in March but there is A reason to contribute to the DC. It indirectly helps fund player scholarships just as does all fungible dollars given to the institution.

There are numerous DC members lurking and posting on this stridently independent board with all the shortcomings and advantages of participation. OGB reminds me of the conversations in the hallway suite or behind the gym. You hear some things undesired while getting a good sense of some feelings not readily expressed elsewhere.

Missed this thread back in March but there is A reason to contribute to the DC. It indirectly helps fund player scholarships just as does all fungible dollars given to the institution.

There are numerous DC members lurking and posting on this stridently independent board with all the shortcomings and advantages of participation. OGB reminds me of the conversations in the hallway suite or behind the gym. You hear some things undesired while getting a good sense of some feelings not readily expressed elsewhere.

Right. I think everyone knows that about scholarships. Money is really the only way to hurt the AD, as they seem unwilling to listen to reason or logic.

Back