• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Related factors ?

This is correct. Wellman decided early on the he would be keeping Manning after this season. So he floated the $18,000,000 buyout rumor to provide a justification for keeping Manning. He let everyone one in the AD believe that the buyout number was $18,000,000 so of course it was confirmed by "sources" Only Wellman, Hatch, and a very few others know the actual contract details.

If this were true then Currie leaves no hope to be worth a shit moving forward. This would mean he is in camp Manning and if not then he would have to fire his ass in May.

RJ, Goodman is right. I have heard it from a few connected folks, some not connected to Wake.

Let us know your sources that have told you otherwise.

You don't understand how this works. You publish sources and you lose them.

If you paid attention in a year, i probably won't use the word "source" more than a few times. Words matter.

No, Goodman is not right.

You don't understand how this works. You publish sources and you lose them.

If you paid attention in a year, i probably won't use the word "source" more than a few times. Words matter.

No, Goodman is not right.

Always enjoy an RJ post about sources and truth...the guy who has published an entire books of lies and makes up most of the shit he posts here.

Always enjoy an RJ post about sources and truth...the guy who has published an entire books of lies and makes up most of the shit he posts here.

N&O has article about NCSU not paying Gott his last $520k. The numbers in his buyout are minuscule compared to the $18 million reported by Goodman. With all of the smart WF lawyers who drafted the Manning contract, it is not plausible that Wellman committed that type of gross malfeasance.

Because he's not making $3M/year and he has six years left. This alone make that impossible.

Additionally, contracts of this size do have oversight. There's no way in hell the powers that be would allow such a contract.

This is pure internet bullshit. Goodman was had.

I sincerely hope that you are right.

N&O has article about NCSU not paying Gott his last $520k. The numbers in his buyout are minuscule compared to the $18 million reported by Goodman. With all of the smart WF lawyers who drafted the Manning contract, it is not plausible that Wellman committed that type of gross malfeasance.

Wellman's entire last 10 years have been gross malfeasance, why would this contract be any different? The lawyers don't decide the actual payment numbers, that is up to Wellman.

It is not out of the realm of possibility that Currie was quietly retained as a consultant a couple of months before being formally named as Wellman's replacement to identify possible A list candidates to replace Manning. It would not be surprising that such candidates were quietly approached through their representatives and uniformly took a pass, making Manning's retention the default decision.

Let's at least hope that Wellman talked the 2020 buyout number down some and required Manning to hire an assistant with proven expertise at coaching defense to replace Jamil Jones. Will be a tough sell given that Manning (and his staff) more likely than not will be looking for a new job in 11 months.

Just think of it this way- He's not making as much as $3M/year. He has six years left on this contract. In what world, would a buyout for a middling, or any coach be for MORE than the total value of the contract?

This alone should show that his "sources" are FOS.

It does seem absurd but in what world is a coach with Danny Manning’s record retained?

The basketball program is a shitshow and everything in and around it is absurd.

He's especially wrong about this and won't put up a contradictory source.

I sincerely hope that you are right.

He's not. I'm sorry.

It does seem absurd but in what world is a coach with Danny Manning’s record retained?

We're not dealing with a particularly rational organization.

Believe Racer over me...good choice...

I notice Strick hasn't named his sources, but expects to do so. What a hypocrite! BTW, if they are real sources, they will NEVER give him any info ever again if he outs them. That's what proves he doesn't know what a "source" is.

BTW, I'd LOVE to see Racer's "proof" that my first book has lies in it. Come on, put up or shut up!

Believe Racer over me...good choice...

I notice Strick hasn't named his sources, but expects to do so. What a hypocrite! BTW, if they are real sources, they will NEVER give him any info ever again if he outs them. That's what proves he doesn't know what a "source" is.

BTW, I'd LOVE to see Racer's "proof" that my first book has lies in it. Come on, put up or shut up!

Dude you're wrong about literally everything.

It's not on me to prove that all of your published outrageous claim are true. That's on you, the writer/publisher. If I had the time to do it, you'd just cry about me bringing real life to the boards anyway. Besides, there's no way I'm buying that book of lies, and I've long since lost the soft copy you pimped around the boards to make people think you're special.

You're a serial liar. Everyone knows it but you.

But, do tell us more about how we could have hired Shaka if only we'd offered his non-academic wife tenure...or maybe you can tell us more about the random hot chicks that offer you blowjobs for lost bets at bars...or tell us about all of the times you met/slept with/hung out with/did drugs with/fill in the blank with a famous celebrity...

I don't underestimate that an $18M buyout figure was 'released' to serve some larger 'departmental(mis)informational purposes.

The numbers don't seem to add up (at all), and that kind of 'business dealing' truly defies logic.

But don't tell that to Strick or racer or others. My bad, they are now trying to say the number may not be $18M, but you should believe them about SOME number.

In a world where Ron Wellman doesn't want to admit his last major duty is to admit how wrong he was. There's no way Currie would take the job if Wellman got to hire Danny's replacement. Add the two together and a reason is there.

Back