• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2019 MLB Regular Season Thread - Trade Deadline Wednesday

T-Bex with a monster bomb off sale. Really used his lower half.

He leaders all of baseball in fWAR. I had forgotten SEA-OAK had a 2 game set in Japan last week and kept looking at the box score like how does he have 3 homers on the season already?

Bryce Harper's attempts to appeal to his new fanbase even went down to his footwear:

OU2BWZWO55AGJNZLWA5LBTATVE.jpg

Bryce Harper's attempts to appeal to his new fanbase even went down to his footwear:

OU2BWZWO55AGJNZLWA5LBTATVE.jpg

But an 0-fer opening game.

Rhys Hoskins with opening day grand slam to power Phillies bats.

Two opening day trivia questions:

1) With Ichiro retired, who was the oldest player on an opening day roster yesterday? (HINT: he is the only current MLB player over 40).

2) Who was the youngest American born player on an opening day roster yesterday? (HINT: he was born in NC and turned 21 in December)

Fernando Rodney on Q1. Don’t know Q2.

Rodney is correct.

Q 2 has an obscure answer. The currently youngest American-born player on an MLB roster is on the Braves.

The Dodgers hit eight home runs yesterday. Woof.

Also, Nats fans are super salty: https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/03/28/n...cOq6ZqnUI_9ctOQL2lTaRwWC7_4cqn-UgSt8xtQv43830. Should be a nice reception for Harper next week in DC.

I'd guess 50/50 reception next week when he arrives in DC, but it won't last beyond that. I didn't have much ill-will towards him with how the free agency played out, but I did find myself flipping over to the Phillies game a couple times yesterday to hate-watch his at bats. If he wasn't in our division I would probably find myself rooting for the guy. But since he's a Phillie, no dice.

Bryse Wilson

Yes. 4th round pick in 2016, and despite being drafted out of HS (Hillsborough HS near Durham), I believe Wilson has made it the majors leagues before any of the 1st rounders taken that year. The overall #1 pick that year, Mickey Moniak hasn't played above Class A.

Realmuto with some big defensive contributions for Phils. Threw out a would be base stealer. Threw out a runner teying to go to second on a throw to the plate. Those plays helped kill two Brave's rallies.

Somebody tell me more about Domingo Santana. Because I think I love that big, fluffy son of a bitch.

Back