• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2019 MLB Regular Season Thread - Trade Deadline Wednesday

I was maybe a little ambitious thinking royals could break steals record, but Mondesi is definitely going to break the single season triples record.

I was maybe a little ambitious thinking royals could break steals record, but Mondesi is definitely going to break the single season triples record.

Do you even know what the single season triples record is?

Hint -36

Well, Nationals walked off Phillies. Literally. The winning run came as a result of walks in the bottom of the 9th. Phillies pitcher walked the bases full, then walked one more to give the Nats the win.

He has 3 in 5 games, so he's on pace for 97. INDISPUTABLE!

Using your same nonsensical projections, Cody Bellinger will drive in over 320 runs; Mikael Franco will hit over. 540 and several pitchers will have 0.00 ERAs for the season.

My numbers are indisputable. If you can’t see that, then you know nothing about baseball.

Something else that's indisputable..you're cowardice in not answering why you don't dismiss Bernie for voting with the NRA so many times....

He walked someone. He doesn't deserve the money. :)

Brewers have played 7 games. 5 of them 1 run games. They have won them all. Got to think that they will regress.

Pirates have played 4 games

if baseball were a 6-inning game, they'd be 4-0 with 1 run allowed

but in innings 7+, they have yielded 15 runs, and they're 1-3

so far they are remarkably similar to WF baseball - horrible bullpen, horrible defense, incredible number of stranded runners

I guess they need a crafty, left-handed reliever. I'd better go warm-up.

Gonna be a pretty fun season if the Cubs, Red Sox, and Yankees are really this bad.*

*They're not.

This thing happening with Chris Davis is amazing. In 2015, his line was .262 47 117, which was down from his highs of 2013, but still a great middle of the order hitter, but in 2017 and 2018 he hit .215 and .168 respectively, while still playing in 128 games and having over 450 at bats. There is absolutely no reason for him to be in the line up as much as he was, other than his 7 year $161 million dollar contract (which he is only in year 4 of). If those last two season weren't bad enough, he is now 0 for 17 WITH 11 STRIKEOUTS in only 6 games.

I do not think I have seen a player fall off a cliff so completely ever before. At what point do the O's just put him out of his misery?

Also, this is the reason teams are gunshy about giving huge contracts to players. His BA dropped .40 between his old contract and his new.

This thing happening with Chris Davis is amazing. In 2015, his line was .262 47 117, which was down from his highs of 2013, but still a great middle of the order hitter, but in 2017 and 2018 he hit .215 and .168 respectively, while still playing in 128 games and having over 450 at bats. There is absolutely no reason for him to be in the line up as much as he was, other than his 7 year $161 million dollar contract (which he is only in year 4 of). If those last two season weren't bad enough, he is now 0 for 17 WITH 11 STRIKEOUTS in only 6 games.

I do not think I have seen a player fall off a cliff so completely ever before. At what point do the O's just put him out of his misery?

Also, this is the reason teams are gunshy about giving huge contracts to players. His BA dropped .40 between his old contract and his new.

He fucking sucks. Yesterday was Opening Day at Camden Yards and he was getting booed like crazy. Fuck him.

Back