• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2019 MLB Regular Season Thread - Trade Deadline Wednesday

Zach Eflin with 110 pitch complete game shutout of Royals as Phils win 7-0.

Since the Marlins are basically a Triple-A team and don't count, the Nationals have the worst record in the NL. Who the hell saw that coming?

I wonder who is positioning themselves to sign Keuchel and Kimbrel on June 1. From that day on, you don't have to give up a draft choice to sign either. I'd love to see the Phillies get both or at least Kimbrel.

Phillies got a good six innings from rookie Cole Irvins who made his major league debut. On Mothers' Day, with his mother in the stands, he had an outstanding debut. Phils had one good inning of offense to get him the 6-1 victory.

I wonder who is positioning themselves to sign Keuchel and Kimbrel on June 1. From that day on, you don't have to give up a draft choice to sign either. I'd love to see the Phillies get both or at least Kimbrel.

Still a possibility neither sign after that - even if they do, I would think they will still end up with multi-year deals instead of a 3 month thing.

Still a possibility neither sign after that - even if they do, I would think they will still end up with multi-year deals instead of a 3 month thing.

They may get multi-year deals. Two or three years. But probably not 6+ years they have been looking for.

They may get multi-year deals. Two or three years. But probably not 6+ years they have been looking for.

That would be dumb of them - I guess its possible, but I would assume a 1 year deal would be better than a two year deal (or a 3 year deal, really) at this point. They are both at the point where a 3 year deal is the last big deal they will get, coming out of that at 34 means they either need to defy age or just deal with 1 year deals after that. It was the reason they didn't sign that deal before the season started.

Will be interesting to see what happens with both Kimbrel and Kuechel. If they sit out the year, its not like they will ever recover the money lost by refusing to take a shorter term contract. Also, their value next year may suffer if either or both sit out all of 2019. Each will be a year older and even less likely to get a long term contract.

Guessing both will sign short term deals after the draft. If they get $10 million deal for the rest of the season, that's $10 million they otherwise would not have made. Would expect the Phillies to get one. Maybe a surprise contender with cap room, like the Twins, Padres or Rays will sign the other.

Why not just hold out until July when a middling team is more likely to make a panic move?

Why not just hold out until July when a middling team is more likely to make a panic move?

There will be more players available as non-contending teams unload proven major leaguers for prospect packages. So optimum timing for these two would be between the draft and about two weeks before trade deadline.

If Khris Davis goes 0-4 today, he'll be back at .247 like he was for each of the past four seasons. The year before he hit .244. :)

That Cubs/Phillies series felt playoff-ish, which is weird to say in May.

That Cubs/Phillies series felt playoff-ish, which is weird to say in May.

Phillies significantly revamped their roster last winter. Series against Cubs was one of few against last year's top teams so far this season. Also, Jake Arrietta was once s Cub. First time pitching against them.

Back