• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2019 MLB Regular Season Thread - Trade Deadline Wednesday

This seasaon is turning out pretty well. Cubs on the brink of elimination !

Are we looking at an eventual Kirk Gibson moment from Yelich? I think I'd pee myself...

Nats eliminated the Phillies today. Poor Bryce.

Nats and Brewers can eliminate the Cubs and Mets tonight.

Since my Cubs are sucking the tailpipe, I'm now pulling for the As and Indians to make the AL wild card. Hard to pull for a team that plays in a dome devoid of character in front of 15k fans.

Since my Cubs are sucking the tailpipe, I'm now pulling for the As and Indians to make the AL wild card. Hard to pull for a team that plays in a dome devoid of character in front of 15k fans.

Have you not seen the joke of a stadium where the As play or something?

Brewers still have a shot at the division, let alone the first WC. Insane.

Also, someone in the AL is going to win 95 games and not make the playoffs. Double insane.

The Oakland Coliseum is a hell-hole. Sewage backing up in the clubhouse, e-coli in the training room, dead mice in the soda machines: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/oakland-coliseum-reaches-new-low-dead-mice-soda-machine-231456403.html.

Even so, the A's have a small, but passionate and loud fan base that puts up with awful conditions. At least the A's drew over 20K a game this year, more than 6 other teams in baseball. The Rays will win 90 games in back to back seasons, and still will only out-draw the Marlins. Kind of an argument claiming to be the tallest midget, but A's following is stronger and heartier than the Rays. FWIW, the A's pitching staff has gotten much stronger recently with the return of Sean Manaea and the addition of uber-prospects Jesus Luzardo and AJ Puk. Really think the A's have a legit to shock the rest of the AL in the playoffs. The A's won the season series with the Yankees, and the A's won the last 6 of their last 8 games against the Astros. They are a dangerous team.

Last edited:
Literally the only thing the Oakland Coliseum has going for it is that just threatening to move the As to a better ballpark was the inspiration for this video. Which I sadly still find funny today.

Brewers and Natties kicking things off tonight. Really wish the postseason broadcasters would've taken ESPN's lead from Sunday Nights and moved the start times to 7pm.

Kapler's a ghost.

Maddon to Philly? He is a PA native...

Finally, Kapler is gone. The GM should be gone as well.

Allegedly, Maddon is the Angels' top choice. I'd love to have him manage the Phillies. Anyone but really Philly local, Mike Sciocia. He gave up on the Angels.

Just guessing, Maddon still going to LA. Ross gets the Cubs gig. Kapler will be picked up by some team as a player development guy. Schilling will retain his position in one of the rings of hell.

Please God, keep that crazy, deadbeat bastard out of Philly.

Girardi and Showalter are allegedly interested.

Back