• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What level of performance would Manning need....

Seeing some of these responses just highlights how far we have fallen. Breaking the top 25 and .500 in the ACC would be enough for some of you to keep one of the worst MBB coaches Wake has ever had?

20 win season, improve to at least mid of the pack in team defense ( ACC ) Win an ACC tournament game, and a NCCA Tournament game.

Moot question. Zero evidence to suggest next year's team will be anything other than marginally better than this season's. They may be worse. Interest and energy levels will be at all-time lows. I see some on here predicting an NIT berth. Not happening.

7 postseason wins in the next 2 years. Combo of ACCT and NCAAT. Not going to happen. Time to move on and get someone we can be proud of.

To answer the thread subject, we are living in bizzaro world.

3-17. He gone.

Currie, go get Beard.

havnt you heard? beard would never leave a basketball blue blood like TTU to come to the best conference in the land at the best time in the near future. that dude is about to get paid...too bad wake is too stupid for someone of his status

This a great question that every Deacon club rep should be asked. It also should be one of the first questions for Les or Conor to grab from Currie -- don't care what Wellman thinks, he's already answered that there is no process or standand, only what he wishes.

DM will be fired before Christmas. Losses to more crappy teams in the early season with 2k fans in the Joel will seal his fate.

We know we play Xavier, @ Davidson (Spectrum Center), a Big 10 team, and in the Wooden Classic (Arizona, UCF, CoC, LBSU, Penn, Pepperdine, and Providence).

I'll see if I can find any other announced games, but that only leaves four games to fill out the schedule (maybe five - but I don't believe you get a campus game as part of the Wooden Classic) since the conference goes to 20 games next year.

WF was going to try to play as easy a schedule as possible because the athletic department is desperate to claim progress, and with the add of 2 ACC games, and a reasonably tough early season tournament, there is even an additional incentive for WF to schedule its 4 to 5 discretionary games against teams that are as bad as WF can find. Then again, WF scheduled Houston Baptist last year as part of a similar strategy, and WF somehow managed to find a way to lose.

We will be lucky to finish .500 in noncon games regardless of the rest of the games.

Wake should target remaining OOC games for teams between 225-275 this year in KP. If Wake is serious about making a tourney run (I'm not opining on whether I think that's realistic or not) we know they can't schedule terrible teams like State did if they want to be on the right side of the bubble. So target teams that aren't in the bottom 50-75 teams.

Good "local" options that fit this billing: App State, Longwood, James Madison, East Carolina, Loyola (MD), VMI. Moving up a bit you could also throw in Mercer or American as well. Schedule all these games at home with one between the BC opener and the Wooden Classic out in California.

We know we play Xavier, @ Davidson (Spectrum Center), a Big 10 team, and in the Wooden Classic (Arizona, UCF, CoC, LBSU, Penn, Pepperdine, and Providence).

I'll see if I can find any other announced games, but that only leaves four games to fill out the schedule (maybe five - but I don't believe you get a campus game as part of the Wooden Classic) since the conference goes to 20 games next year.

Even if the 4 remaining games are cupcakes, that is still challenging OOC schedule.

Yeah barring the ACC taking a major step backwards, that schedule will be a top 30 schedule at the end of the season.

That’s loss, loss, loss, 2 losses and a win for 7th place. So 1-5.

Cupcakes we should go 3-1 with a loss to someone like Coastal Carolina.

4-6 this far

Back