• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What level of performance would Manning need....

ChrisL68

Riley Skinner
Reaction score
to achieve next year in order for you personally to think he should get another year.

I think for me, it would be the Sweet 16 or a comparable level of performance (good regular season, semis of acc tournament, close 2nd round loss) I would be OK with it.

Last edited:
1) Lose no players to transfer who can contribute
2) Top 25 Recruiting Class for fall of 2020
3) Above .500 ACC regular season
4) At least 1 ACC Tourney win and at least 1 NCAA Tourney win

Since Manning was retained I’ve thought about this several times. I would certainly like to see major improvements in defense (particularly ball pressure) and offensive sets. I would like to see us stop committing the same mistakes (like fouls on hedges). But if I had to draw a line in the sand, I would go with round of 32 in NCAAs. That obviously doesn’t sound that impressive, but it would be a pretty big improvement from the last two years.

Just like players and teams can improve, a coaching staff can also improve. I don’t expect it, based on what I’ve seen, but it could happen.

Another 11-20 season or worse. With his past record, no other coach in the country would have kept his job; therefore, winning is meaningless as it relates to his job security.

Final four and top 50 incoming class for 2020. At this point I’d expect Kansas to step in and still wouldn’t be sad.

1. Make the tournament
2. Top 30 KenPom team
3. Make it to the quarters of the ACCT

At a bare minimum he needs the above.

Final four and top 50 incoming class for 2020. At this point I’d expect Kansas to step in and still wouldn’t be sad.

you know
this is fucking hilarious. wake is dumb as fuck. if manning does succeed, KU would throw everything they have at him to come coach there. manning would leave. so wake would be looking for a new coach.
so basically, if he succeeds he leaves or he continues to sucks shit and stays. good job wellman

Haha, we have some suckers who still want to believe.

you know
this is fucking hilarious. wake is dumb as fuck. if manning does succeed, KU would throw everything they have at him to come coach there. manning would leave. so wake would be looking for a new coach.
so basically, if he succeeds he leaves or he continues to sucks shit and stays. good job wellman

Certainly cheaper for us if he leaves

1. Sweep UNC & Duke
2. Finish ranked in the Top 25
3. Finish Top 4 in the ACC regular season
4. Get to ACC tournament championship game
5. Elite Eight
6. Top Ten recruiting class

Accomplish ALL of the below
Regular Season: 20+ wins and a top 6 finish in the conference
ACC Semis
Sweet 16

or ONE of the below
ACC Regular Season Champ plus at least sweet 16
Top 4 finish in ACC and ACC Tournament Champ
Final Four

To admit he has secret video of Wellman fucking a goat.

Haha, we have some suckers who still want to believe.
I certainly don't believe that he will accomplish any of these things I was just throwing out the hypothetical because I was curious what people thought.

Don’t worry... Manning said we will definitely take a step forward. He isn’t sure how big of a step, but a step nonetheless.

I certainly don't believe that he will accomplish any of these things I was just throwing out the hypothetical because I was curious what people thought.

Agreed. I don’t think we’ll accomplish the modest goals I laid out, but I think it’s at least an interesting discussion. Thanks for starting the thread.

Don’t worry... Manning said we will definitely take a step forward. He isn’t sure how big of a step, but a step nonetheless.

I’m not sure he said “forward.” Just that we would “take a step.”

Back