• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

AAF suspending operations

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Sounds like they started without a plan.

They should have worked something out with the NFL before opening up.

Just saw that the Hurricanes owner is going to lose 70M+

WUT was he thinking?

AAF statistical leaders
The Alliance of American Football gave players a chance to prove their worth to NFL teams. Here's who were leading key statistical categories at the time of the league suspending operations:

Coach wins Steve Spurrier, ORL 7
Pass yards Garrett Gilbert, ORL 2,152
Pass TDs John Wolford, ARI 14
Rush yards Jhurrell Pressley, ARI 431
Rush TDs Trent Richardson, BIR 11
Rec. yards Charles Johnson, ORL 687
Rec. TDs Rashad Ross, ARI 7
Tackles DeMarquis Gates, MEM 52
Sacks Jayrone Elliott, SA 7.5
INTS Three players tied 4

Just saw that the Hurricanes owner is going to lose 70M+

WUT was he thinking?

Really bizarre move on his part. Enters into a business traction and commits a gigantic amount of money without clear resolution to key issues, just the “hope” that it would be a developmental league for the NFL.

Lets start a football league without enough capital to make it through one season.

Dundon definitely seems like a more money than sense guy to me. Willing to put up the initial money but not willing to do the necessary financial things to make whatever he buys a success. I think we'll ultimately see this with the 'Canes, and we've seen it to an extent already.

There's some suggestion he did this just to get the gambling app and the AAF's data, but I can't imagine that's worth $70M, which is apparently what he lost

It will be good to have Neuheisel back on Sirius with the Show Pony. Wonder if he told his owner "get yourself together."

Weren't they paying players 250K? Maybe they should've dialed it back to 100K or something. Who knows if that would've even made a difference.

Weren't they paying players 250K? Maybe they should've dialed it back to 100K or something. Who knows if that would've even made a difference.

250k over 3 years, not guaranteed

I feel like there was a book on my shelf that I hadn't read, and then suddenly the last few chapters got torn out

No, this was the predictable ending the whole time.

I expected them to stagger financially to the end of the season, maybe stiff the players for their last few paychecks, then not restart for a second season.

Back