• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you think that space is finite or infinite?

Do you think space is finite or infinite?

• Space is infinite.

Votes: 33 57.9%
  • Space is finite.

Votes: 24 42.1%

• Total voters
I think this is an interesting and valuable perspective and thank you for sharing it. Like you, I often don't think much of the physical bounds or lack thereof of our Universe, not consciously, mind you, but perhaps not not consciously so as not to distract me from the immediate challenges we face on this terra firma. But, one night several years ago on a chacra in the pueblo of Lamas, myself and my fellow Kallamperos partook of a particularly compelling strain of Psilocybe cubensis and, for the first time, gazing at the cosmos, I could actually see in my Mind's Eye the expansion of the Heavens - the darkness rushing to fill the expanse, like mist rolling across a valley. It was as if God herself personally pulled back the curtain for me, revealing the secrets of infinity. I made love with 4 people that night.

I read this in Robert California’s voice.

The central question is do solar systems build walls to keep aliens out of their homes?

This is a great thread. I thoroughly enjoy many of you fellow posters. But that may just be the 400ml of sake talking

Infinite to the left, but finite to the right.

Nope. Though Zeno is one way of looking at it.

thatsthejoke.jpg

So if we are living in a simulation, the answer is finite, right? Base reality's space - who knows?

Back