• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball 2019-20 - KP #100 - #70 Offense / #149 Defense

Put a lot of time and effort into this one, so I'd appreciate you check it out.

If there's legit any 'timeline' events I may have left off, I'd happily edit and add them. Like, I legit forgot about Jamie Lewis until late in the process.

Thanks!

https://247sports.com/college/wake-...-era-recap-2019-20-season-preview--138037636/

That timeline is just unbelievably depressing. I don't know whether to thank you for putting it together or punch you in the face.

Our big time donors are fools.

This is, at the very least, proof that the team practices.

By itself, the Okeke loss is not a big deal. Add it to the Ingraham loss, and now we have two players that can play C. One of them is a #511 frosh. The other is probably better suited as a 4.

Lots of reasons to criticize Manning. One of the major ones, for me, is the fact that he hasn't recruited bigs in recent years. You'd think that would be a strength... Especially after the "development" of Collins (and Moore).

This

Most people won’t even notice. That’s how far we’ve fallen.

Who is Tariq Ingraham?

(no need to answer... just sad that I dont know someone on our roster anymore.) thanks mannequin

Not that any of this matters, but feel like weak coaches do better when their roster choices are limited as there are fewer combinations for them to screw up. WF basketball is going to struggle this year regardless, but maybe the limited amount of big man options will mean less of a chance that Ody will be messed with to the point that he regresses. Like watching Ody play and if WF is going 10-21 (or worse), at least Ody will have his chances to improve. Otherwise there would be games, where everyone would be wondering why Ody played 4 minutes and Sunday/Ingraham inexplicably played 16.

Last edited:
As long as there are more than 5 players, Manning will screw up rotations.

Both players would have made positive contributions to the team.

16gnae.jpg

Not that any of this matters, but feel like weak coaches do better when their roster choices are limited as there are fewer combinations for them to screw up. WF basketball is going to struggle this year regardless, but maybe the limited amount of big man options will mean less of a chance that Ody will be messed with to the point that he regresses. Like watching Ody play and if WF is going 10-21 (or worse), at least Ody will have his chances to improve. Otherwise there would be games, where everyone would be wondering why Ody played 4 minutes and Sunday/Ingraham inexplicably played 16.

I feel bad for Chaundee, Mucius, and Massoud.

Ideally, they'd be playing on the wing... Mostly the 3 spot, with some minutes at the 4 (and maybe some minutes at the 2 for Chaundee).

Instead, they are playing the 4. In Massoud's case... That's probably the only way he's going to see the floor.

Lineup should be:
Chill for 30+
Brown for 30+
White/Wright/Neath for 15-20 min each
Mucius/Massoud for 20+
Sarr/Oguama for 40 minutes combined

That gets you to roughly the 200 minutes you have. 9 man rotation, which is probably deeper than ideal, but you've got guys that need to see the floor to get better (Mucius, Massoud, Wright, Neath, Oguama). I don't want to see Torry Johnson on the floor. I'd rather not see Wynn on the floor, either... He's doesn't look like an ACC player.

And there is my first minutes projection of the year! Rejoice! Usually we're doing that in the summer, not 2 games in.

Both players would have made positive contributions to the team.

I mean, I feel bad for these two kids, but any positive number multiplied by a negative number is still a negative, no matter how big the positive number is.

Yeah it did and get this...Not one coach or player helped Okeke stand up or walk off the court. The guy rolled around in pain, stood up and hobbled off the court while none of his “brothers” or “coaches” got near him.

That can't be right... I mean that's literally help a guy out while he's down, not happening..

Is there youtube. If there is it should be sent to every media account with a caption of we live up to the school motto in sports.

Okeke got off the deck and hobbled to the bench without any help. His movement left no doubt he was badly injured. It was all on camera. Immediately followed by commercials. IIRC, the announcers mentioned he was unavailable to play later in the game.

I can't find a replay of the game online. I have access to ACCN, but WatchESPN won't let you access the ACCN replays. Is there a separate place for the ACCN replays online?

I'd like to see this for myself, if possible. Not sure how I missed it during the game.

Was just looking at the stats for the season to date. No reason... Just hadn't looked at them all year.

Some things that jumped out:
* It's not that we suck at shooting 3s (34.8% is #108)... We just don't shoot that many - #319 in 3PA/FGA (30.2% vs. D1 Avg of 37.6%). This has been normal in the Manning era.
* Childress is an abysmal 30.8% from 3 this year (20-65); White has really found his shot (42.2% - 19/45) and Ish is pretty good so far (41.9% - 13/31)
* While I like Neath, he turns the ball over a ton and has been a terrible shooter from everyone on the court, including the FT line
* Sarr has been an elite rebounder this year on both sides of the court
* Mucius is a painful 6-22 from 3 and 5-11 from the line... Small sample size, but he needs to become a better shooter

Of course, a lot of this will change as we get more into conference play... Just thought some of that was worth sharing because I hadn't been paying close attention.

Was just looking at the stats for the season to date. No reason... Just hadn't looked at them all year.

Some things that jumped out:
* It's not that we suck at shooting 3s (34.8% is #108)... We just don't shoot that many - #319 in 3PA/FGA (30.2% vs. D1 Avg of 37.6%). This has been normal in the Manning era.
* Childress is an abysmal 30.8% from 3 this year (20-65); White has really found his shot (42.2% - 19/45) and Ish is pretty good so far (41.9% - 13/31)
* While I like Neath, he turns the ball over a ton and has been a terrible shooter from everyone on the court, including the FT line
* Sarr has been an elite rebounder this year on both sides of the court
* Mucius is a painful 6-22 from 3 and 5-11 from the line... Small sample size, but he needs to become a better shooter

Of course, a lot of this will change as we get more into conference play... Just thought some of that was worth sharing because I hadn't been paying close attention.

Good stuff. White needs more shots and Sarr has been playing at a pretty high level recently. Manning still sucks, though. Massoud should be getting more minutes over Mucious

I've been disappointed in White, honestly. He's got terrible hands for a very good shooter. Almost seems oxymoronic. Because of that, he keeps whiffing on boards in traffic, despite the fact he is strong like ox.

I actually think that Manning has been ramping up Massoud, dare I say, like a coach should. He's got some holes in his game despite his obvious skillset, so I have appreciated that Manning has made him earn minutes.

The reason we have been okay though, is due to the development of Sarr IMO. And the fact that Ody Oguama is surprisingly serviceable. We are much improved in the paint this year as compared to last year. I still suspect we'll figure out a way to lose 17 games this year and that should be enough to get Manning canned (one would hope), but there are some guys on the roster who can help the next coach build a program without having to do so from total scratch.

I've been disappointed in White, honestly. He's got terrible hands for a very good shooter. Almost seems oxymoronic. Because of that, he keeps whiffing on boards in traffic, despite the fact he is strong like ox.

I actually think that Manning has been ramping up Massoud, dare I say, like a coach should. He's got some holes in his game despite his obvious skillset, so I have appreciated that Manning has made him earn minutes.

The reason we have been okay though, is due to the development of Sarr IMO. And the fact that Ody Oguama is surprisingly serviceable. We are much improved in the paint this year as compared to last year. I still suspect we'll figure out a way to lose 17 games this year and that should be enough to get Manning canned (one would hope), but there are some guys on the roster who can help the next coach build a program without having to do so from total scratch.

Kind of agree on White. But he should still get a ton of minutes as a one-trick-pony if that one trick is that he can consistently hit open 3s... Our other guards do not have that skill. He's not on the court to rebound.

Back