• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball 2019-20 - KP #100 - #70 Offense / #149 Defense

Isn't most of the ACC in the okay to mediocre to bad range ?

Well, yeah... But we haven't played anyone in the top 4 of Duke, FSU, Louisville, & UVA. I guess that was my point.

So far, we've played #44 (NCSU), #81 (PITT), & #145 (BC)

Would be crazy if the ACC only got 4 teams in to the NCAA Tourney and we still couldn't manage more than 4-6 wins.

I think the word would have to be a lot stronger than crazy if that's our season.

It's early, but there are some interesting conference games only stats (15 teams):

WF is #7 on offense.

1st in free throw rate
2nd in 3 point percentage (42%)
4th in tempo (72 possessions per game)

WF is #12 in defense:

14th in forcing TOs
5th in "defending the paint" (47% in 2 pt defense)
13th in 3 point defense (41%)
15th (last in steal %)

Danny really knows how to put an exciting product on the floor. Who doesn't love a free throw shooting contest?

Probably the only thing you could say about Wake hoops that’s Harden-esque.

It's also tough to take anything from those stats when we've played one OK team (NCSU), one mediocre-at-best team (Pitt), and one terrible team (BC).

Agree with you most of the time but we have to hold off on calling BC terrible. They are 3-1 in the ACC after tonight's 7 pt victory over UVA. Played w/o Popovich and pt guard. Frosh of led them with 17 going against Clark.

Fallen outside the top 100. Let’s stay there.

Out of boredom I did a quick rundown of the remaining schedule. The BPI has us as a favorite in 4 remaining games vs BC (78%), Clemson (51%), UNC (52%), and GT (54%). From this, it looks like Danny Manning is far from avoiding another 20 loss season. He'll need to win all of these (I highly doubt he will win on a Tuesday in the ACCT) to avoid that dubious 20 loss season for the...

Hell I've lost track of his total of such seasons.

Out of boredom I did a quick rundown of the remaining schedule. The BPI has us as a favorite in 4 remaining games vs BC (78%), Clemson (51%), UNC (52%), and GT (54%). From this, it looks like Danny Manning is far from avoiding another 20 loss season. He'll need to win all of these (I highly doubt he will win on a Tuesday in the ACCT) to avoid that dubious 20 loss season for the...

Hell I've lost track of his total of such seasons.

True, but on the other hand... Each of the next 6 games is winnable.

Won’t happen, but there are only a few probable blowouts left on the schedule.

#116 on defense huh? Thank God we are hanging our hat on defense, imagine how bad it would be if we didn't!

I wonder if there is any chance of a firing after we lose at home to BC. That would seem to be pretty damning in terms of lack of progress.

Probably not, but I guess we only have a couple of months left regardless.

I hope.

Back