• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball 2019-20 - KP #100 - #70 Offense / #149 Defense

Even with all those muscles, our players are not physical at all.

Don’t necessarily disagree, but 6 of those 10 haven’t played a minute for Wake Forest yet.

Ody is bigger than I thought.

Wake Forest Basketball - Offseason 2019 - In the gym w/ Ryan Horn

Different is literally a useless word. It could be different in a terrible direction. It’s a social media buzzword for Horn that says nothing, which is not inappropriate for our team.

I really wish our guys would get off social media, no one would come up with another “new beginnings” tag line, and they would just let football have the entire spotlight until November. There is no drumming up fan support unless they begin playing much, much better. So work on that.

#rantover

Different is literally a useless word. It could be different in a terrible direction. It’s a social media buzzword for Horn that says nothing, which is not inappropriate for our team.

I really wish our guys would get off social media, no one would come up with another “new beginnings” tag line, and they would just let football have the entire spotlight until November. There is no drumming up fan support unless they begin playing much, much better. So work on that.

#rantover

Agreed.

#rantover

Agreed x 2

I’ll just leave this here...

7869af6dfd0b12b1f8863712586cc829.jpg
Absolutely no one gives a shit.

“Built different”. What a clown show including this Horn guy.

Horn is a clown. To be sure of that, one just needs to watch him acting like a moron on the end of the bench celebrating a play while we're hopelessly out of a game. Or, you could just check out his bio..."Horn's work has been vital to Wake Forest's resurgence as the Deacs returned to the NCAA Tournament in 2017."

He seems to do a good job getting the team bulked up. Adding muscle doesn't make them ACC caliber, however. Not sure how that is Horn's fault though.

I still like Horn a lot. I don't care what his bio says... Do you think he wrote that himself? I like his enthusiasm on the bench... We could use more of it with our head coach having zero personality.

I think Horn has done a great job getting the players physically ready to play in the ACC... It's the lack of basketball coaching that is the issue.

In terms of the social media stuff, I don't think we do anything different from other schools... In fact, we've probably been lacking over the years. I could see criticizing individual players for posting nonsense about performance on the court when we've had little to no team success... But I don't think this falls into that. I think whatever helps to motivate the team during the "grind" of summer, when you are spending more time in the weight room than on the court, is a positive.

Just my opinion. But I understand that when the team sucks, everything is subject to scrutiny.

of all the shit to complain about, I don't understand why people bitch about trying to show some positivity on social media

what the fuck else do you want to see? just let it be if you truly don't care

Ody is not actually big, and Horn has a habit of posting pictures that make the players look bigger than they are or his work more impressive than it is:

5kejow.png

He himself is not crushing it physique wise for a guy in his 30s:
9jd95k.png

30 something Horn working on his vert:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzY6efbH4ly/

Actual guys that are good at working on their body and vert (start at 6 min 25 seconds):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPsy38pkZzE

I still like Horn a lot. I don't care what his bio says... Do you think he wrote that himself? I like his enthusiasm on the bench... We could use more of it with our head coach having zero personality.

I think Horn has done a great job getting the players physically ready to play in the ACC... It's the lack of basketball coaching that is the issue.

In terms of the social media stuff, I don't think we do anything different from other schools... In fact, we've probably been lacking over the years. I could see criticizing individual players for posting nonsense about performance on the court when we've had little to no team success... But I don't think this falls into that. I think whatever helps to motivate the team during the "grind" of summer, when you are spending more time in the weight room than on the court, is a positive.

Just my opinion. But I understand that when the team sucks, everything is subject to scrutiny.

This!

Nice work by Conor. Those descriptions are generous but what else can you do?

Mucius as a stretch 4? Ugh.

Ody is not actually big, and Horn has a habit of posting pictures that make the players look bigger than they are or his work more impressive than it is:

5kejow.png

He himself is not crushing it physique wise for a guy in his 30s:
9jd95k.png

30 something Horn working on his vert:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzY6efbH4ly/

Actual guys that are good at working on their body and vert (start at 6 min 25 seconds):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPsy38pkZzE
Ody is athletic but does he have any offensive skills?

Ingraham and Okeke are both described as "bruiser". The ability of either or both to provide rebounding and maintain low post defensive position is critical for the Deacons to become competitive.

Ingraham and Okeke are both described as "bruiser". The ability of either or both to provide rebounding and maintain low post defensive position is critical for the Deacons to become competitive.

If either of those guys are on the floor, expect a minus in the +/-

Could say that for the majority of the team, but especially those guys.

Back