• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball 2019-20 - KP #100 - #70 Offense / #149 Defense

Just learned that Chip Kelly's buyout is much less than DM's. Hard to figure what motivated RW to do such a stupid thing

In a poll of coaches before last season, WF was ranked the 11th out of 15 among ACC jobs. The rankings:

1. Duke
2. L'ville
3. UNC (hard to believe that UNC is rated behind L'ville)
4. Cuse
5. NC State (surprising)
6. UVA (would've been near the bottom before TB arrived)
7. ND (really? South Bend, IN)
7. GT
9. FSU
10. Clemson (amazing that this job is now ahead of WF in coaches eyes)
11. WF
12. VT
13. Pitt
14. Miami
15. BC

WF is near the bottom in media exposure, budget/resources, admission requirements). WF is highest rated in recruiting base and selling prospects.

Here is the link: https://watchstadium.com/news/acc-coaches-vote-duke-best-job-in-conference-unc-third-best-10-04-2018/

L'ville has even less accountability than UNC and is willing to pay any amount.

Yeah, at UNC you at least have to put in some effort to look like you're doing things "The Carolina Way", whatever that means. At Louisville you can do whatever you want out in the open, or in a dimly lit booth at an Italian restaurant, and nobody gives a shit.

Black & Gold Madness
10/17/19 @ 7pm
Reynolds Gym

Music by DJ HEK YEH

Can't find a link... Saw it on Instagram

Black & Gold Madness
10/17/19 @ 7pm
Reynolds Gym

Music by DJ HEK YEH

Can't find a link... Saw it on Instagram

DJ HEK YEH:

feature-photo-2.jpg

College basketball hot-seat list for 2019-20:

- Pat Chambers Penn State (board fave)
- Jim Christian BC (opener is an elimination game)
- Tim Jankovich SMU
- Dave Leitao DePaul (amazing that DePaul hired DL after he ruined UVA)
- Danny Manning WF (WF has yet to finish the ACC higher than 10th during Manning's tenure)
- Josh Pastner
- Shaka Smart (another board fave)

The linky: https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-coaches-hot-seat-seven-coaches-whose-jobs-could-be-on-the-line-in-2019-20/

College basketball hot-seat list for 2019-20:

- Pat Chambers Penn State (board fave)
- Jim Christian BC (opener is an elimination game)
- Tim Jankovich SMU
- Dave Leitao DePaul (amazing that DePaul hired DL after he ruined UVA)
- Danny Manning WF (WF has yet to finish the ACC higher than 10th during Manning's tenure)
- Josh Pastner
- Shaka Smart (another board fave)

The linky: https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-coaches-hot-seat-seven-coaches-whose-jobs-could-be-on-the-line-in-2019-20/

I don't know why, but Shaka and Texas have not been a good fit. He has recruited well and had some success, but I guess not enough for Texas.

In a poll of coaches before last season, WF was ranked the 11th out of 15 among ACC jobs. The rankings:

1. Duke
2. L'ville
3. UNC (hard to believe that UNC is rated behind L'ville)
4. Cuse
5. NC State (surprising)
6. UVA (would've been near the bottom before TB arrived)
7. ND (really? South Bend, IN)
7. GT
9. FSU
10. Clemson (amazing that this job is now ahead of WF in coaches eyes)
11. WF

12. VT
13. Pitt
14. Miami
15. BC

WF is near the bottom in media exposure, budget/resources, admission requirements). WF is highest rated in recruiting base and selling prospects.

Here is the link: https://watchstadium.com/news/acc-coaches-vote-duke-best-job-in-conference-unc-third-best-10-04-2018/

Not that surprising, given the timing of the poll. Brownell and company were coming off their best year in two decades and Dabo was bringing in the dough for whole athletic department. A poll this year might have Wake falling behind VT.

Not that surprising, given the timing of the poll. Brownell and company were coming off their best year in two decades and Dabo was bringing in the dough for whole athletic department. A poll this year might have Wake falling behind VT.

I disagree...this poll was done before our new facilities opened this year which now put us as one of the best in the ACC and the country in that category. Splitting hairs but a poll done this year would probably have us slightly ahead of Notre Dame and GT based on facilities alone.

Did anyone (beside me ) see the column a few days ago from the ACC media day of questions to player reps attending? I'll try to recall some of it. Don't recall where I saw it, was sure there would be comments on here)
IIRC 23 players responded, were not IDed, assume 15x2 30 were available.
- did they want to be paid? most of these did, but not all.
- ACC coach you wished you played for? Coach K got 5 votes, then declining numbers. 4 or 5 coaches got 0 votes, including Manning. (wonder if our 2 attendees took part in the vote)
- worst place to play. Wake Forest was top vote, reason given - nobody attended the games.

Narrator: It did.

I think I’m already on the record, but I expect Texas to win the Big 12 this year.

I disagree...this poll was done before our new facilities opened this year which now put us as one of the best in the ACC and the country in that category. Splitting hairs but a poll done this year would probably have us slightly ahead of Notre Dame and GT based on facilities alone.

Lipstick on a pig?

The secret scrimmage vs ECU last year went poorly right? Maybe we can redeem ourselves with a dub vs the mighty pirates in the highly anticipated round 2.

Back