• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball 2019-20 - KP #100 - #70 Offense / #149 Defense

Yeah...because we'd rather be teetering on the 11th best job in the ACC with the 4th worst facilities...that's an awesome strategy to attract coaches and recruits...

The excellent new facilities should make Wake attractive for coaching candidates.....whenever Wake is in the market for a new one. They will also help the new coach sell recruits that the vision he has for success is rooted in the reality of top notch physical facilities. Next major upgrade needed is in the competence of the people occupying the new facilities.

Saw a few clips on Twitter, but did anyone go to Black & Gold Madness tonight?

Neath has a nice between them legs dunk over someone. If nothing else, he has hops.

Saw a few clips on Twitter, but did anyone go to Black & Gold Madness tonight?

Neath has a nice between them legs dunk over someone. If nothing else, he has hops.

This is pathetic. I agree Neath looks really athletic but there must have been about 50 people there. It was worse than a high school turnout.

No need to change the thread title for the Black & Gold Game. “Secret Scrimmage” still applies.

I went to a previous Black and Gold Madness event during the Manning Era. The electronics for the basketball hoops malfunctioned in the gym so they were forced to resort to a practice demonstration over an actual intra-squad game. It was absolutely pathetic (not to mentioned barely attended & in Reynold's Gym) and yet it was probably the most unintentionally appropriate representation of Deacon hoops you could ever find.

Last edited:
I went to a previous Black and Gold Madness event during the Manning Era. The electronics for the basketball hoops malfunctioned in the gym so they were forced to resort to a practice demonstration over an actual intra-squad game. It was absolutely pathetic (not to mentioned barely attended & in Reynold's Gym) and yet it was probably the most unintentionally appropriate representation of Deacon hoops you could ever find.

That was also when we had Harry Giles there.

so depressing. I spent my childhood and young adulthood looking forward to midnight madness. And now we had it and no one knew about it and there were 50 people there. In the good ole days there were lines wrapped around the gym to get it and standing room only. Just fucking sad.

Looked like a high school event. Like, a small and not very good at basketball high school.

If you were Danny Manning, wouldn't you do as much in secret as possible at this point?

Who knows? If the Joel is empty all season, someone might decide that Danny Manning has a negative impact on the basketball program and replace him.

Back