• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball 2019-20 - KP #100 - #70 Offense / #149 Defense

How is that possible?
Aren’t these guys being monitored and working out all summer.
Summer is the time when you get in shape for the upcoming basketball season......not out of shape.

Maybe these guys are depressed because they keep losing, and getting dunked on? I mean adding all that weight sounds like eating a bunch of Doritos on the couch while binge watching Netflix.

Either that or they are not getting the perks they thought they would when they signed up to play in the ACC, which is also depressing and maybe has them reaching for the Breyers too often.

Feel sorry for the kid, an achilles tear is a tough thing to recover from.

really is -- for example, two Chelsea FC players hit with Achilles issues last year -- one Callum Hudson-Odoi has come back strong, the other Ruben Loftus-Cheek is still progressing but not in playing shape. Protocol and pt needs to be carefully followed, it can be a long road back.

Hate it for the kid. Hopefully he can get a medical redshirt and have 4 full years at another school whenever Danny inevitably gets canned at the end of the year.

Hate it for the kid. Hopefully he can get a medical redshirt and have 4 full years at another school whenever Danny inevitably gets canned at the end of the year.

Inevitably? That’s optimistic.

The Athletic has another list of "up and coming coaches." They deliberately did not include anyone on their 2018 list. Many on the 2019 list are assistant coaches. Wes Miller is the only familiar name, as he did not make the 2018 list.

Looked to me like Currie should be working mostly from last year's list and would need to do his own updates.

Danny Manning holds open practice this Saturday. Go watch the genius at work:

Predicted attendance for the open practice outside of the team and staffers? I’ll go with 25.

How pathetic is it that our program is in such bad shape that less then a week to go until the season starts, a season that starts with a conference game no less and there is virtually no excitement or discussion going on? I mean it is so sad and we just named a freaking street after the person responsible.

How pathetic is it that our program is in such bad shape that less then a week to go until the season starts, a season that starts with a conference game no less and there is virtually no excitement or discussion going on? I mean it is so sad and we just named a freaking street after the person responsible.

We returned everyone from the worst team of the Manning era. There's zero to be excited about. It would take a BIG improvement this year just to get us back to the type of team that got [name redacted] fired.

We returned everyone from the worst team of the Manning era. There's zero to be excited about. It would take a BIG improvement this year just to get us back to the type of team that got [name redacted] fired.

I know, that's what is so pathetic. I was Manning's worst team and this one could very well be even worse and yet he was retained.

My favorite is when someone is defending the dumpster fire and says "we're only a couple pieces away from being a tourney team"...a couple of pieces is 40% of a starting lineup, which doesn't make us very close to being a tourney team.

except for the potential lottery pick*

*who went undrafted

My favorite is when someone is defending the dumpster fire and says "we're only a couple pieces away from being a tourney team"...a couple of pieces is 40% of a starting lineup, which doesn't make us very close to being a tourney team.

I don't think Wake fans remember what a tourney team looks like.

I don't think Wake fans remember what a tourney team looks like.

Hey, it's only been a few years since we were a tourney team. Remember we had that great run, finished 10th in the ACC, made the play-in round of the big dance and Danny got that big extension?

Are most teams not playing any kind of exhibition game this year or was Danny just afraid to schedule a D2 or 3 team for fear of losing?

Are most teams not playing any kind of exhibition game this year or was Danny just afraid to schedule a D2 or 3 team for fear of losing?

It's variable, but several ACC teams are not playing exhibitions. I assume that is because they do not want any extra film on their team prior to starting the season with an ACC game. For example, I think BC and UVA are not playing exhibitions, while Syracuse is playing 6 exhibition games (several on an overseas trip).

Back