• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball 2019-20 - KP #100 - #70 Offense / #149 Defense

Of all the mistakes Wellman made, not going and getting Nate Oats when he was available could be the worst of them. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like that's a guy who would have built a NC here.

Yup.

I like Oats. Going to be tough to root against him, but if he has a ton of success, it’ll be bad for my mental health.

Of all the mistakes Wellman made, not going and getting Nate Oats when he was available could be the worst of them. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like that's a guy who would have built a NC here.

Wellman was far more occupied with telling the Wake alums and fans to go fuck themselves than anything to do with Nate Oats. And, yes, I agree. He could have likely been "that guy" to rebuild this pile of stench.

It really is going to go down as his most damnable mistake, I fear.

It really is going to go down as his most damnable mistake, I fear.

That's a bold statement. Not hiring Oats would have to be worse than hiring Bz and hiring and extending Manning.

If Nate Oats was our coach, we'd all be on pins and needles for Wednesday.

It's variable, but several ACC teams are not playing exhibitions. I assume that is because they do not want any extra film on their team prior to starting the season with an ACC game. For example, I think BC and UVA are not playing exhibitions, while Syracuse is playing 6 exhibition games (several on an overseas trip).

I’m not sure that is a good strategy for us. I feel like we could really confuse any opponents trying to evaluate our game film.

Duke has six Top 50 commitments from ESPN’s 2020 recruits and Unc has three.

Put a lot of time and effort into this one, so I'd appreciate you check it out.

If there's legit any 'timeline' events I may have left off, I'd happily edit and add them. Like, I legit forgot about Jamie Lewis until late in the process.

Thanks!

https://247sports.com/college/wake-...-era-recap-2019-20-season-preview--138037636/

Les - good article about mostly bad news.
In proofreading, I saw a couple of things.
Second sentence - delete ‘with’
Nov 25, 2017 - delete ‘?’ After Wellman quote

Yep. That was Wellman's last chance to save a tiny shred of his reputation.

With currently available evidence, this is a hot take. There are always unknown unknowns in translating coaching success at school A to success at school B.

Based on currently available evidence, my ranking, worst first, would be:

Extending Manning with the contract terms as we know them.
Hiring Jeff [name redacted].
Firing Dino when he did.
Not hiring Nate Oats.

More evidence, particularly Oats having success at Alabama, would change the order.

With currently available evidence, this is a hot take. There are always unknown unknowns in translating coaching success at school A to success at school B.

Hence the words "could" and "maybe"...

Les - good article about mostly bad news.
In proofreading, I saw a couple of things.
Second sentence - delete ‘with’
Nov 25, 2017 - delete ‘?’ After Wellman quote

I got those fixed. Appreciate it!

Given the enormity, I actually had two other journalists proof this last evening. Thanks!

Okeke out for the season too.

This is, at the very least, proof that the team practices.

By itself, the Okeke loss is not a big deal. Add it to the Ingraham loss, and now we have two players that can play C. One of them is a #511 frosh. The other is probably better suited as a 4.

Lots of reasons to criticize Manning. One of the major ones, for me, is the fact that he hasn't recruited bigs in recent years. You'd think that would be a strength... Especially after the "development" of Collins (and Moore).

I retract my comment about this being proof of practice. They are saying it happened in the Columbia game, which is news to me.

I retract my comment about this being proof of practice. They are saying it happened in the Columbia game, which is news to me.

Yeah it did and get this...Not one coach or player helped Okeke stand up or walk off the court. The guy rolled around in pain, stood up and hobbled off the court while none of his “brothers” or “coaches” got near him.

Yeah it did and get this...Not one coach or player helped Okeke stand up or walk off the court. The guy rolled around in pain, stood up and hobbled off the court while none of his “brothers” or “coaches” got near him.

If true, that is...... strange.

Back