• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball 2019-20 - KP #100 - #70 Offense / #149 Defense

If he returns and plays well, he could easily be a top half of the first round pick. The amount of money he'd make would more than make up for returning.

He certainly looks the part, but yeah, not expecting much from a 3* big his frosh year.

If he can do anything with any level of skill, he'll get at least a few minutes.

And by "do anything", I mean run up and down the court without falling down.

If he can do anything with any level of skill, he'll get at least a few minutes.

And by "do anything", I mean run up and down the court without falling down.

Right. The minutes will be there (Smart played 404 minutes this year), especially if Hoard goes pro.

Also, Torry Johnson seems like a great kid, and he hit a huge late game shot and two key FTs in the win over State (a favorite moment of the season), but with WF adding Neath and White, not sure what his role would be next year. If keeping Johnson for an extra year fills up all roster spots and keeps WF from getting a useful front-court grad transfer, not sure I understand the reasoning behind seeking an extra (6th year) of college. Johnson graduated from HS in 2014 and red-shirted both the 2014-5 and the 2016-7 seasons at NAU.
So it's LITERALLY taken him six years to become a mediocre player.

Ouch.

Yes, the players like Danny a lot.

Which is interesting since some of our former players did not like Danny at all (specifically Doral)
If true, then I will give Danny some [grudging] sympathy. It is hard to lead people who, for whatever reason, do not like you.

I figure it's even harder if those people are 17/18/19 years old.

Stay for what reason, though? You think Danny Manning will magically figure out how to use him after a 20 loss season where he was so out of place that his own fans questioned his energy, motor, interest, etc.?

To be fair, his high school coach didn't do him any favors by planting the seeds of questioning his energy, motor, interest, etc.

Wake Forest Basketball - Offseason 2019 - Brown & Johnson Under the Knife

Even without those questions I’d still be questioning those aspects.

And he should stay because he can improve upon his second round projection by working on those weaknesses.

CONeill, that's fine. I just find it hard to blame Hoard for looking like he had no idea/interest in whatever the hell our offense was last year. A lot of that is fan anxiety and frustration (and the general idiocy that you would expect among message board denizens in 2019), but I just think that it's important in any kind of evaluation to consider alternative explanations, namely context. In this case, we had a completely dysfunctional offense where the only real role for him was to watch Childress dribble and chuck contested threes, play clean-up around the rim, or isolate him vs. 2-3 defenders when his handles and instincts clearly weren't there yet against ACC competition.

Don’t sleep on Sharone. I think he is the one that makes the big jump. I am worried more about him leaving than anyone else. I think he has the highest ceiling of the frosh.

It's early folks. Plenty of time for roster change. DM averages 3+ departures a year. It's to be expected. The new normal. He said so.

I’ll just leave this here...

7869af6dfd0b12b1f8863712586cc829.jpg

i'm as down to look at shirtless teen dudes as the next guy but...ok?

are they gonna fight through screens next year and defend the perimeter?

Here's a game: Is it a Wake Basketball tweet or an Abercrobie and Fitch tweet. Guess.

The average Wake fan doesn’t have any idea who those players even are.

John Wolford is back in town this week, and he is thicker than all these guys. Mind you John is not a big football player.

Even with all those muscles, our players are not physical at all.

Back